We got a great price through Travelocity, bundled in with airfare, and wound up paying about $115 a night for two people. For that price, this is a steal! It's a mid range hotel that gets bumped up a category for a few things: location, amenities and staff.
Yes, the front desk staff (and the doormen) were gracious and helpful. We are low-key people and don't place many demands, but these folks were great.
Next - The room was clean; the beds and pillows were good. There were two double beds, and a sofa bed. Good size room. We were there during the Olympics so did in fact use the TV every night (yup, every night). No probs with the TV / channels or reception. The air conditioning was fine. Coffee pot, microwave, fridge were all clean and functioned well. On our way in one evening, we asked for more coffee at the front desk (no decaf for us - who needs to sleep on vacation?!) and they immediately handed some over.
Trader Joes - turn right out the front door. Go to corner and turn right again and go half-way down block. (We live near a Trader Joe's in Philadelphia so were thrilled to be near one.) Pack your own bottle opener or corkscrew - we forgot and paid 5 bucks for a corkscrew (considering how much we saved, not a biggie...) I also packed my own plastic ware and cereal bowls - stuff like that is not Trader Joe's strong point.
Because of the great location, if you like to walk, I would not recommend buying a multi-day CTA pass. From O'Hare, we took the blue line into Clark/Lake and took a taxi (less than $10). Didn't take a taxi again! If you are walkers, this is a very walkable area - over to the river for the boat tour, down into the loop for plays; up to North Shore, over to Navy Pier.
I'd stay here again, and I'd recommend it to my friends and family. Chicago is a fabulous city to visit and this hotel definitely helped make the trip as great as it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AC Hotels by Marriott offers travelers a stylish and design focused hotel experience. The AC Hotel Chicago Downtown is located in Chicago's River North neighborhood, a thriving community known for it's exceptional dining, night life and art scene. The AC Lounge, a great place for happy hour or night cap features local brews, craft cocktails and tap wine that highlight AC Hotels unique beverage menus. Elevate your stay with AC Hotels by Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your AC Hotel Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- 4 Points By Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile
- Four Points Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Four Points