“We'd stay here again!”

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #62 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We got a great price through Travelocity, bundled in with airfare, and wound up paying about $115 a night for two people. For that price, this is a steal! It's a mid range hotel that gets bumped up a category for a few things: location, amenities and staff.

Yes, the front desk staff (and the doormen) were gracious and helpful. We are low-key people and don't place many demands, but these folks were great.

Next - The room was clean; the beds and pillows were good. There were two double beds, and a sofa bed. Good size room. We were there during the Olympics so did in fact use the TV every night (yup, every night). No probs with the TV / channels or reception. The air conditioning was fine. Coffee pot, microwave, fridge were all clean and functioned well. On our way in one evening, we asked for more coffee at the front desk (no decaf for us - who needs to sleep on vacation?!) and they immediately handed some over.

Trader Joes - turn right out the front door. Go to corner and turn right again and go half-way down block. (We live near a Trader Joe's in Philadelphia so were thrilled to be near one.) Pack your own bottle opener or corkscrew - we forgot and paid 5 bucks for a corkscrew (considering how much we saved, not a biggie...) I also packed my own plastic ware and cereal bowls - stuff like that is not Trader Joe's strong point.

Because of the great location, if you like to walk, I would not recommend buying a multi-day CTA pass. From O'Hare, we took the blue line into Clark/Lake and took a taxi (less than $10). Didn't take a taxi again! If you are walkers, this is a very walkable area - over to the river for the boat tour, down into the loop for plays; up to North Shore, over to Navy Pier.

I'd stay here again, and I'd recommend it to my friends and family. Chicago is a fabulous city to visit and this hotel definitely helped make the trip as great as it was.

1  Thank NJNancy1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed August 18, 2008

I did not stay at this hotel but I find hotels for our group to have classes. Sandi Robinson in sales was very helpful and made sure all bases we covered. The person from my office that was involved with the group said it was very clean and there were great restaurants close. For entertainment, everything was withing walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel for a group. Thank you Sandi!

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank mull1017
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Great Location, only one block from Michigan St! We were able to park our car & walk everywhere the entire weekend. The rooms were very clean. Nothing fancy, just you basic hotel room with a few extras like microwave and frig. The staff was very nice and helpful. The pool was a little small but also very clean. There is a courtyard outside where you can hang out and have a few drinks. It was in a nice area & we felt very safe. I will be staying here again!

1  Thank hjeldon
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We booked our stay at the Four Points Magnificent Mile on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there in the fall. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any kind of package deal and that the best rate that I could get was the nonrefundable internet rate. Fortunately, we were well pleased with our stay. The location is great, near everything that we needed: trolley stop, Grand subway station, Michigan Avenue, Giordano's Pizza, West Egg for breakfast and best of all there is a Trader Joe's in the building, so handy to pick up groceries for a light breakfast in the morning or a six pack in the evening - the rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave. The staff answered all of my questions completely, with brochures and hand-drawn maps. The room was well kept and while the parking rate was expensive, we were happy to have our car close by with in and out privileges if we needed it. We would gladly stay here again.

1  Thank Steelangel
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Four Points just 1 night and it was a pleasant stay with no major complaints.
We did not feel the extreme friendliness of the reception people, in fact the person who took care of us did not have a 100% professional look - his suit had stains on it.
Our room was spacious, it probably could fit another king bed. It had a balcony that was closed to our surprise. The balcony itself was not very well cleaned but that did not bother us a lot. The room was quiet from the outside (facing the corner of Michigan and Ontario) and we did not hear our neighbors at all!
I liked the bathroom a lot - my husband said they put more in a bathroom than in a room, and that's probably true. However, they did not have shower gel and shower caps.
Our room was clean - no dust around.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay!

PS Don't go to the Republic (pan-asian place) that is in the same building - not worth it. Sushi are good but overpriced. We paid about $100 for a dinner for 2.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katya_Vlad
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Brilliant, Great Location, really helpful staff! Will definately stay here again when I come back to Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank grandebucko
Reviewed July 13, 2008

For travellers and tourists, it is hard, if not impossible, to beat the location of this hotel - steps from the shops of the Magnificient Mile, the bars and restaurants of Rush Street and Hubbard, walking distance from the theatres and parks. The hotel is busy yet tended by extremely friendly and efficient staff: from doormen to reception desk to cleaning staff, we were always greeted with a smile. We found the rooms to be sizable, very clean and stocked with useful amenities such as wifi access, mini-fridge and coffee maker. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in the heart of Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple