“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #70 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Ontario
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

For travellers and tourists, it is hard, if not impossible, to beat the location of this hotel - steps from the shops of the Magnificient Mile, the bars and restaurants of Rush Street and Hubbard, walking distance from the theatres and parks. The hotel is busy yet tended by extremely friendly and efficient staff: from doormen to reception desk to cleaning staff, we were always greeted with a smile. We found the rooms to be sizable, very clean and stocked with useful amenities such as wifi access, mini-fridge and coffee maker. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend time in the heart of Chicago.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
downriver, mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for our 5 year wedding anniversary. The room was CLEAN! The bathroom was CLEAN!!!! The king bed was comfy not like your normal hard hotel bed. They have a pool but it is not very deep, so it would be great for kids. When we come back we would stay here again and bring our kids.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Rio Grande Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

I was there at a convention and had the most wonderful room! I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2007
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

I booked our reservations through Hotrooms.com after The James Hotel would no longer honor my reservations due to a change in management [very last minute - I was NOT happy with The James Hotel!!]. I was originally bummed to be staying in a large chain instead of a small boutique hotel. The staff at the Sheraton, from the first person we met, were kind and fun and professional. The hotel has a 'small' feel, not a huge chain feel. They allowed us to get into our room early, the rooms were super clean and had a nice few. The location is perfect to walk to Michican Avenue or Rush Street shops and restaurants. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed May 2008
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2008

Stayed two nights at the Four Points because it was priced well and in a nice location in Chicago. I did not expect much as past experiences at Four Points hotels have been poor. This one was very nice.

I arrived unfortunately during Spring break and since this hotel is near the American Girl store (or perhaps there was an American Girl convention nearby) it was full to the brim with doll carrying young ladies. This simply meant that there were a lot of people everywhere. At check-in: lots of people. At breakfast: lots of people. At the pool: forget about getting near it. For some reason the fitness room was always empty though.

Seriously, the room, which was the important part of the stay, was nice. It was deeper than most rooms so felt spacious. It was clean and decorated in light colors so it felt bright. The bed was comfortable. I was surprised to find a fridge and a microwave in the room. I do not know if these are standards or I was lucky. The hotel secures its elevators: you need a key to get to your floor. I like that in the cities.

I had some trouble with the internet: not enough bandwidth, I guess, because it was slow and often did not complete its connections.

The hotel is located over a grocery store (Trader Joe's) and is close to restaurants, stores, and sights to see. It is also near the subway. I took the subway from O'Hare for two dollars and walked about 1/2 a mile to the hotel, saving some money.

I'd stay again. The rate could not be beat and in spite of the densely populated spaces (which may have been a anomaly for that week) the staff were consistently helpful and friendly.

• Liked — Location Location Location
  • Disliked — I chose a bad week to be there and the hotel was too crowded.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank fenwayman
Metro Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

Being a middle-class family man and a small business traveler, I want clean facilities, a few amenties (basic indoor pool & exercise rooms, DIY laundry), and friendly staff. I don't need anything fancy or Four Season Level service (I've stayed at the Ritz and The Four Seasons, when I was with another employer and someone else was in charge of the travel budget and there's no doubt that that level of service and amenity is nice, just not necessary).

The Sheraton has all the basics. The room was clean, smelled clean, felt clean. Fridge, coffee,microwave and wireless internet all worked fine. Bed linens were a bit rough to the touch but to me that's a minor quibble. My TV emitted a really high pitched ringing after a while and if I'd been here with the kids, I'd have insisted on getting it fixed or changing rooms. Instead they comp'ed me breakfast and I banged on the speakers when the ringing started (I did give them a chance to fix the TV and they said they would but it never got better. As I said, no big deal since I was alone.

There's no breakfast included by the way but I'm a foodie and there are a lot of nice places within walking distance. There is also a Trader Joes (great fully stocked real grocery, not a convenience store) just around the corner, which is fantastic for something to drink to put in the mini fridge or fresh fruit or more.

The staff was pretty uniformly friendly and helpful which is the rarest thing in mid-priced hotels like this one. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank awang429
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

We stayed at the Four Points for one night. We had the American Girl package. The room was only 115.00 a night plus parking and taxes which I thought was a great deal for the location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Cathy at the front desk always acknowledged my daughter by name which made her feel special. The room is clean and comfortable. It is not luxurious but it served our needs well. If I were to stay longer it may not work out as well because we prefer rooms that have the bathroom sinks outside of the shower and toliet (just our preference). We could walk to everything we wanted to do, which was American Girl and some other shopping. We had breakfast at the hotel because it came with our package. I don't know if I would pay the $16.00 per person but we had omelettes, Seattle's best coffee, fresh fruit, cereal,juice, pastries which were actually pretty good. My daughter loved the fact that she got to keep the American girl bed that was in our room waiting for her along with chocolate chip cookies and milk. there is also free wi-fi. Check out is 12 noon but you can leave your car in the garage until 6:00pm which is great if you still want to shop or eat before heading home. Trader Joe's is next door if you want snacks and the room has a frig and microwave. My family and I really enjoyed our night here and would certainly go back.

• Liked — the location and friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — the view from the room-but would not stop me from staying again
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family