Stayed two nights at the Four Points because it was priced well and in a nice location in Chicago. I did not expect much as past experiences at Four Points hotels have been poor. This one was very nice.
I arrived unfortunately during Spring break and since this hotel is near the American Girl store (or perhaps there was an American Girl convention nearby) it was full to the brim with doll carrying young ladies. This simply meant that there were a lot of people everywhere. At check-in: lots of people. At breakfast: lots of people. At the pool: forget about getting near it. For some reason the fitness room was always empty though.
Seriously, the room, which was the important part of the stay, was nice. It was deeper than most rooms so felt spacious. It was clean and decorated in light colors so it felt bright. The bed was comfortable. I was surprised to find a fridge and a microwave in the room. I do not know if these are standards or I was lucky. The hotel secures its elevators: you need a key to get to your floor. I like that in the cities.
I had some trouble with the internet: not enough bandwidth, I guess, because it was slow and often did not complete its connections.
The hotel is located over a grocery store (Trader Joe's) and is close to restaurants, stores, and sights to see. It is also near the subway. I took the subway from O'Hare for two dollars and walked about 1/2 a mile to the hotel, saving some money.
I'd stay again. The rate could not be beat and in spite of the densely populated spaces (which may have been a anomaly for that week) the staff were consistently helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AC Hotels by Marriott offers travelers a stylish and design focused hotel experience. The AC Hotel Chicago Downtown is located in Chicago's River North neighborhood, a thriving community known for it's exceptional dining, night life and art scene. The AC Lounge, a great place for happy hour or night cap features local brews, craft cocktails and tap wine that highlight AC Hotels unique beverage menus. Elevate your stay with AC Hotels by Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your AC Hotel Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- 4 Points By Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile
- Four Points Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Four Points