“Loved Chicago, Liked the Hotel”

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #65 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Sydney, Australia
“Loved Chicago, Liked the Hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

A nice four star hotel with two very comfortable double beds, and unusually, a large sitting area with room for a 2 seat sofa and a coffee table. And this was in a standard room.

Good location just west of Michigan ave, although I found the area inside the loop more interesting. You can walk all over downtown Chicago easily from the hotel.

My favorite activity was the walking tour given by the Chicago Architecture Institute, highly recommended.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adrian M
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Adrian M,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I truly appreciate your gracious comments and I am very pleased that you found the room so accommodating! It sounds like you had a full trip to Chicago. Please come back and see us again soon!

Jared Hassler, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We came here for a girls weekend.

1st complaint...There were 33 of us and we booked really far in advance but 3 rooms from the group were on a different floor which made the whole girls weekend a bit disjointed.

2nd complaint... Our room was dirty the floor was wet (but they did everything to fix it and were really great about it & we took the wet room since we wanted to be on the same floor as the rest of the group) Our duvet covers were dirty but they were changed quickly and the bathroom could have used another once over.

3rd complaint.... The pool & hot tub - yuck - heated pool... I think not... It was freezing and I swim in lakes in Canada and they are for the most part - warmer. The Hot Tub was burning my eyes out with the amount of chemicals in it. It was warm at best and the tub was old and peeling - It made me feel like I was in a giant pot and I was about to be cooked up for supper.

Ok now for the positive stuff... This is what moved it up from a 3 to a 4

The staff - super great - friendly - wonderfully helpful - A+++

The location - AWESOME!!!! Not far from anything that you might want to do in Chicago. There is a parking garage at the hotel too for those who drive in. Trader Joes and Starbucks is around the corner.

The other good stuff was that they give you bottled water - a plus, there are mini fridges, microwaves and safes in your room. The rooms are fairly large with a good size seating area.

Overall - this is a perfectly located downtown property that is in desperate need of a makeover. The staff do a great job and if you are like me and just use your hotel to sleep in - it is perfect.

I felt safe at the hotel and I would recommend it and go back if I visit Chicago again.

Room Tip: 5th floor is where the pool and meeting rooms are located. Parking is off the 4th floor. So if you w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank momee3021
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear momee3021,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am so happy to hear your nice comments about our staff. We certainly do try hard. I have addressed your concerns with the pool area with our Chief Engineer, he will fix the temperature issue. I have also spoken with our Housekeeping Manager, thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. I will be sure to pass on all of your positive comments as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago!

Strathaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Once we had realised we were at the wrong Grand station (chose the wrong line!) we soon found the hotel. Given a good-sized room but no welcoming gift that my status entitles me to. Also, around the hotel are various other "offers", none of which were mentioned to us. Room was fine. Breakfast pretty standard.

1 Thank Travel_Duck_UK
Dear Travel_Duck_UK,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am pleased that you found the room comfortable. I apologize that we did not offer you your SPG Welcome Gift. If you contact me at the Hotel I will be sure to have your points credited. Thank you again, we hope to see you next time.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great if your looking for a place that is super central to downtown Chicago and the price that you are booking it for works with your budget... however the hotel is only ok... the rooms are kind of dark and they are nothing special, I have stayed at other Four Points and have had really nice rooms, these rooms are great for sleeping and then heading out to see the city. The front desk staff is not very helpful, they are not un polite they just don't really care. However, the two door mans are AWESOME! They are sooo nice and super helpful, ask them questions they are great!

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room, I got a corner room and it was super super dark!
1 Thank patricia m
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear patricia m,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased that you found the doormen so accomodating and that you found the hotel to be a good homebase for your trips around the city. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

san Jose
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We really liked this hotel. The room and bathroom have a good size. Very clean, and good service. FREE WIFI on your room. Complimentary bottle of water, coffee maker, and also has a small refrigerator. Staff was great. Excellent location!

Negative; air condition was not working properly. At night, at some point the room gets very warm and suddenly gets very cold. I have noticed this same problem at other Four Points locations, it seems the a/c just turns off on the middle of the night, and turns on automatically in the morning.
I had like more light on the room, it has no ceiling light, just on the lamps on the nightable.
It has a bakery next door, although a little expensive and not good. You cannot sign the tab to your room.

Room Tip: Would stay here again for sure!!!
Dear beahoy,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! I am very happy that you found our staff so helpfull. I have mentioned your concerns about the A/C in your room to our Chief Engineer and he is addressing this. Thank you again, we hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Did what it said on the tin... The hotel was clean and room was huge. Far bigger than we needed.

The cost was reasonable considering the area, it really is where you want to be if only visiting Chicago for a few days like we were. Although it was a little above what I wanted to pay you save in transport costs etc. and benefit from the excellent location.

Close to all the hotspots, walk to the beach, bit of a further walk to millennium park, extremely close to the best shops and the nearest metro stop. We saw all that we wanted of Chicago and didn't use public transport once! The Zoo, Millennium Park, the beaches, The Purple Pig, Old Town, Yolk, the Hancock Tower.

2 Thank Will H
Dear Will H,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. It sounds like you really had a full trip to Chicago! We are very pleased that we were able to be such a great home base for your trips around town. We hope to see you next time you are in Chicago!

Little Rock, AR
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Arrived early to the hotel and was greeted by a very friendly front desk - she got us an early check-in and it was probably the quickest and easiest check-in experience I've ever had. Free wifi in the hotel and the location is close to everything. Great experience and a thumbs up to all the staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear undercovert,

Thank you for your great review of Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! I am very pleased that you had such a good arrival process. I am also pleased that you found our location so convenient to your travel needs. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!