“Large, Comfy, Clean and Fantastic Location”

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #63 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Did what it said on the tin... The hotel was clean and room was huge. Far bigger than we needed.

The cost was reasonable considering the area, it really is where you want to be if only visiting Chicago for a few days like we were. Although it was a little above what I wanted to pay you save in transport costs etc. and benefit from the excellent location.

Close to all the hotspots, walk to the beach, bit of a further walk to millennium park, extremely close to the best shops and the nearest metro stop. We saw all that we wanted of Chicago and didn't use public transport once! The Zoo, Millennium Park, the beaches, The Purple Pig, Old Town, Yolk, the Hancock Tower.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Will H
fourpointschicago, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Will H,

Thank you for your recent review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. It sounds like you really had a full trip to Chicago! We are very pleased that we were able to be such a great home base for your trips around town. We hope to see you next time you are in Chicago!

There are newer reviews for AC Hotel Chicago Downtown

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Arrived early to the hotel and was greeted by a very friendly front desk - she got us an early check-in and it was probably the quickest and easiest check-in experience I've ever had. Free wifi in the hotel and the location is close to everything. Great experience and a thumbs up to all the staff.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear undercovert,

Thank you for your great review of Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! I am very pleased that you had such a good arrival process. I am also pleased that you found our location so convenient to your travel needs. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We reserved under the American Girl package at this hotel and it was fantastic. The doll bed was a hit with my daughter and the milk and cookies were appreciated. The package price was especially good. The location was excellent in relation to shopping (and the AG store). The room was very clean (even smelled good). The pool/hot tub area had excellent towels (none of those flat, crappy towels) and even though we didn't use the workout area, it look good too! Only drawback was the restaurant (e-leaven?) - we got $20 in food vouchers and so had breakfast there. We did not like our food at all, so was really glad I only had to fork out an add'l $7 for it (instead of the full $27).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MidwestMom3945

Dear MidwestMom3945,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are so pleased that your daughter enjoyed her American Girl package! I am sorry that you did not have a good experience for breakfast but I am glad that you found the pool to be comfortable. We hope to see you on your next trip to the American Girl Store!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is in a great location - lots of shopping and easy access to downtown. The staff members were always friendly, and the property was always clean. My room was a good size: king bed and a sitting area with sofa. The view overlooked a courtyard. It wasn't exciting, but much better than any "light well" you may have previously encountered. My only 'beef' with the room was the slightly worn look of everything. It looks as if the rooms had been redecorated about 5 years ago so they weren't dated, just looking a bit tired. The bathroom was fine, but the tub surround looked as if they had caulked over mold. Not appealing. Another oddity for me - the rack holding clean towels was over the bathtub. This mean that every time you showered, they would get splashed & steamed.

I didn't get to use the guest lounge, dining, and business center; however, I walked through one late evening and found the area to be well appointed and inviting. Another bonus - a washer & dryer available to the guests. It is coin operated. I spent 7 nights in Chicago and then had to immediately travel to another city for 5 more nights. Being able to do a load of laundry before I flew out the next day was a relief.

Room Tip: I was given a room on the Starwood Preferred Guest level (8th floor) and found it to be quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Aaron L,

Thank you for your review of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown! I am very pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly. I am also pleased that you found our laundry room to your liking. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

You get what you pay for, so though the price is a bit high at this hotel the room was a good size (I stayed in a room with two double beds and it even had a small sitting area by the window, with a pull-out couch), it was impeccably clean and the front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly every time I approached them. Beds and bedding were extremely comfortable as well.

This hotel is located just a block from the Magnificent Mile and there are even a couple restaurants basically right across the street (a decent Mexican place and a Pizzaria Due - second location of Pizzaria Uno, of course). The only issue I had with my stay was that the sink in my room was disgusting - it was clogged [upon arrival] and therefore even running it long enough to brush one's teeth made it fill up. Also, as others have noted the parking fee is atrocious (I've stayed elsewhere in downtown Chicago - also right off the Magnificent Mile - and paid anywhere from $20-25 a day/night for parking - it's a big jump from that to $45 a day/night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear 1AvidTraveler,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. I am, of course, especially pleased that you found the Front Desk staff to be so accommodating! I am sorry that you had the issue with your sink, I have addressed this with our Housekeeping Manager as well. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The most important thing you need to know about this hotel is it is fabulously located -- one block from the Miracle Mile. Most other hotels similarly situated are far more expensive. If you want to convenience of the location without breaking the budget -- this is your hotel choice.

They get most other things right as well. The rooms are well-appointed. This is not the Four Seasons, but the beds are really comfortable and they have easy work stations and lots of outlets if you are a business traveler. As a woman I love the fact that the bathroom is really well-lit, there is lots of counter space, a convenient fill length mirror, small fridge, and a hair dryer that actually works. I have stayed here a few times and the staff is always very helpful.

The workout room is small, but clean and functional. Four Points have not made the commitment to fitness like the Westin and Sheraton brands, but it is serviceable.

Attached via the Lobby is a great little coffee/bakery place with really great coffee and bagels. It is very convenient. There is also a Trader Joes on the same block should you wish to eat in.

There is no question - -when I come to Chicago I will stay here. No need to search around, and I would rather spend the extra expense account money on a great dinner and some fabulous wine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roadwarriormomof2

Dear Roadwarriormomof2,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are so pleased that you enjoy our hotel so much! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. See you then!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is in a nice location and has the normal amenities of a Sheraton. Recently the coffee offered in Sheraton Hotels has not been of the Starbuck quality and weak and the free breakfast offered to Preferred Gold members has been stopped. The rooms are in need of updating carpeting and brightening the decor. It would be nice if Sheraton could offer dual sinks in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: Pick another Sheraton downtown for a more updated experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear otisokansascity,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We appreciate your time and feedback! I hope to see you back again soon.