“Fabulous breakfast!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Loved it here. Americans do breakfast so well and the portions were huge. I loved the fact that it was very busy, no nonsense kind of place. The French toast was divine and I tried an egg white omelette as well. They hand bake their bran muffins which were excellent. Very authentic diner style and as I was an English tourist, I thought it was great. Went here every day I was in Chicago. Highly recommend. Excellent value for money as well.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Great place to start our day with a full belly. The service was very friendly and even on a busy Saturday morning, we were seated quickly and our server could not have been more friendly. My huevos rancheros was awesome. My wife had a skillet that was very good as well. Pancake selections looked very good, but we did not try that.

Location is about 1 block east of Michigan towards the south end so it worked great for our day of shopping.

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful breakfast!
We had the Grabowski and the Bacado Omelet. Delicious!
We also had the blueberry pancake, bagels, fruit, bacon... all good!
Our server Fermin was fantastic :)

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Nice little place for cosy food on a cold winter morning! Had Jonathan as a waiter, super friendly and gave me good recommendations! Would recommend for non pretentious food.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Very good service, fast, friendly and tasty.
If I come back to Chicago, I surely come to this place to eat huevos rancheros

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to West Egg Cafe? Share your experiences!