“Such great staff, Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

West Egg Cafe
Ranked #3 of 344 Coffee & Tea in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Such great staff, Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Ivy so this is right next to the hotel. Had breakfast here several times during our stay. Food was great, staff was so nice. We had a stomach bug on friday and decided to get breakfast here on Saturday since we hadn't eaten in a day. The waitress was so nice, we was concerned that we didn't eat that much and kept asking if everything was ok. We explained to her our situation and she so sweetly gave us to go cups filled with water, a straw and a lid. In this day and age, I appreciate excellent customer service and this place has it! I had an eggs benedict on Thursday that was amazing. My husband had lox and eggs and he enjoyed his meal too!

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Was having trouble finding a breakfast spot near the Magnificent Mile when we found this place. Efficient friendly service, reasonable prices, good coffee and extensive menu. Pretty much all I asked for (except no peanut butter!).
Menu - a very big selection stretching to everything from a couple of eggs your way to any conceivable omellette or scrambled egg dish (egg whites or whole). My wife had a vegetarian omelette - I had Denver scrambled (Swiss cheese, green pepper, onion and ham in an egg white scramble). Portions are not niggardly but don't cause the table to collapse under excess carbs either - nice balance.
Coffee - I was expecting dish water in a bottomless cup. I drink it black, so I notice when the coffee is weak. It was a pretty good medium/full body coffee that I was quite prepared to sip all morning.
Service was friendly, fast and efficient. You pay at the front but tip your server directly at the table. High marks for breakfast or lunch. I didn't check their hours to see what they do at night (if they are open). Sorry.

Visited May 2014
York
“Great value and standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at the nearby Ivy Hotel and had breakfast here every morning. Great place to start the day - no frills but great quality and value, with friendly staff. It's the kind of place that's on every corner in New York but not so plentiful in Chicago.

Lake Orion, Michigan
“Reasonably priced breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate here 2 different mornings, both breakfasts were very good. The line was very long on Saturday morning, but they move people in and out quickly.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Prepare to be stuffed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great breakfast, large portions, reasonable prices. Just a block from the south end of the Magnificent Mile