“Neat Place No Brainer ”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The West Egg Cafe was recommend from the Consear at the Intercontinental.
The breakfast was very good and responsibly priced for the area.
Not hard to find from any hotel in the heart of the mile. Busy place so plan ahead or plan to wait just a little but it's worth it. The service was just as good as the food. Locals favorite too.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wonderful breakfast experience. Good food, great price, well done service. I highly recommend. I had the Grabowski, a perfect Chicago treat with Polish sausage, mustard, cheese, two eggs, potatoes, and a muffin. Pancakes were good, and there was plenty of food for all. I would definitely return.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I asked the Concierge at my hotel for a recommendation for a down home restaurant that the 'locals' like, within walking distance from the hytel. This restaurant was exactly what I was looking for! I was a single so I chose to sit at the counter. The service is excellent and the food came out very quickly considering the place was at capacity. I had the basic Denver omelette with American fries and an English muffin and coffee. The portions are generous, everything is tasty and the prices are reasonable! The next time that I am in Downtown Chicago I will be eating here for breakfast again, because before I left I saw that they also have crepes stuffed with strawberries and other berries that made my mouth water! This place 'does it right' The management and the staff are all extremely friendly and proficient. If you want to dress up and be 'pampered', go somewhere else!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

When you arrive, you are seated at a table that is already filled with a pitcher of water, silverware and small plates. The menu has a nice variety of food to choose from and the chicken fried chicken was some of the best I've ever had. The diced potatoes were nice too! Amazing chocolate milk (not made from Hershey's syrup) rounded out the meal nicely. The waiter will deliver your ticket to your table and you pay up front which definitely helps to speed things up a bit.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

On our 2 day trip to Chicago, this diner was our regular breakfast supplier. It's great tasty breakfast. Serves both typical american, everyday and low fat dishes. Great taste, smiling & nice staff, Fair prices. If we should put our finger on a issues, the coffe is weak !