“Wonderful Find”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Have been visiting Chicago for about 40 years and just discovered this wonderful cafe. The menu is extremely varied, the good is very good, and the service is fast and efficient. Will definitely be visiting again on future visits.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I stumbled on this gem a few years back during our annual trip to Chicago, and now we make it a point to get at least one breakfast here whenever we're in town. There is always a line, but don't let it scare you off--it moves really fast. The food is absolutely worth the wait! Try it out, you won't regret it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Love their specialty breakfasts: the Grabowski, Magmile Mushrooms, Swiss Account. YUM! Eat breakfast here whenever we are in Chicago. See same great staff year after year.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Twice we had breakfast here on this trip, twice on previous trips. Affordable, generous and very good. Immediate seating on all visits and very knowledgeable and friendly staff. We learned that most staff have been there for years.. follow their advice if the menu leaves you confused. I had blueberry pancakes which had a lot of grains in the batter. Superb and their most popular item. My wife had an omelet and meat side and was pleased. The friendly atmosphere seems to encourage conversation between tables and I really enjoy this. A very good place to eat..

Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I stayed at the Doubletree on Ohio and Fairbanks this past August while vacationing in Chicago for 3 days. On day I had a shortstack of pancakes which were simply perfect and the following morning I had a waffle which was the best dang waffle that I ever had. The West Egg Cafe is a very busy place but they manage to accommodate the busy flow of customers. The West Egg Cafe is only open for Breakfast and Lunch. I highly recommend the West Egg Cafe!