“Breakfast worth traveling for...”
Review of West Egg Cafe

West Egg Cafe
Ranked #50 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Twice we had breakfast here on this trip, twice on previous trips. Affordable, generous and very good. Immediate seating on all visits and very knowledgeable and friendly staff. We learned that most staff have been there for years.. follow their advice if the menu leaves you confused. I had blueberry pancakes which had a lot of grains in the batter. Superb and their most popular item. My wife had an omelet and meat side and was pleased. The friendly atmosphere seems to encourage conversation between tables and I really enjoy this. A very good place to eat..

Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I stayed at the Doubletree on Ohio and Fairbanks this past August while vacationing in Chicago for 3 days. On day I had a shortstack of pancakes which were simply perfect and the following morning I had a waffle which was the best dang waffle that I ever had. The West Egg Cafe is a very busy place but they manage to accommodate the busy flow of customers. The West Egg Cafe is only open for Breakfast and Lunch. I highly recommend the West Egg Cafe!

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Another quaint restaurant with food that comes out fast, perfectly good and very good. The breakfast menu is immense. If you can't find it here, your not hungry. It's a busy restaurant, but seats people fast. Good coffee comes out in a carafe and is refilled as often as you need it. Big breakfast at a good price. Friendly employees. Well worth trying.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We tried this restaurant while we were walking around Chicago and thought it was an excellent place for breakfast. The service and the food were very good and the prices were reasonable. We would come back here again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have never seen such a huge variety on a menu! Food and service was great although the line to get in was loooong - says a lot that! Amazed they haven't got more outlets.