“Geez, so much potential!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Encore Liquid Lounge - CLOSED

Encore Liquid Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Encore is a quick, casual place for lunch, and a relaxing lounge for drinks and small plates after work or before a show. Located in the heart of the Chicago's Loop, and just steps away from theaters and City Hall. Choose from a variety of hand-carved sandwiches and wraps before you head out for a day of sight-seeing, and sink into one of our luxurious booths, martini in hand, as you unwind from a busy day of shopping.
“Geez, so much potential!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

But absolute fail. I think there are one too many hotel and theater bars/restaurants that take advantage of the fact that they get automatic customers on a regular basis because of their location – and they forget how to do things right. This is one which is a bummer because they're located by my place. I'd make it a regular if I weren't constantly disappointed by the food and sometimes forgetfulness/lack of attention from wait service. If they treated themselves like a bar/restaurant that was in the hunt for competition of customers they would probably get it right, but are off the mark right now.

Andy P, General Manager at Encore Liquid Lounge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I want to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I can assure you that we definitely do not take any of our guests for granted, whether they are staying in the hotel, or our neighbors in the Loop. I appreciate the feedback, and we will use it to work towards improving our business. I hope that you might visit us again sometime, and see the improvements we have made.

Danville, Illinois
“Good Atmosphere adn Service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved the Pear Martini drink and looking out the window of all the holiday "bussle".

There was music in background but not too louad that you could not have a conversation.

Very nice to have a nightcap.

Visited December 2012
Andy P, Manager at Encore Liquid Lounge, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Janet - Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the Millenium Pear martini, it's definitely one of our favorites. We hope to see you again next time you're in Chicago. Happy Holidays!
Jyllinge, Denmark
“Fabulous! Excellent Food!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food and wine - excellent! Service is fast and very friendly too! But don't miss out on the pastas.. Yummy!

Visited November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything, we look forward to having you back again next time you are in Chicago. Happy Holidays!
Chicago
“Very Eclectic Drink & Food Menu”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

So its Christmas time, and you try to fit in lunches, or after work cocktails with those colleagues you value during the holiday season to wish them well. An attorney who works for me picked Encore. I had never been there before, and am not a fan of the adjoining hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The drinks were reasonably priced for a downtown establishment, and the menu of cocktails & beverages was substantial. The food was generously proportioned and unique in some respects. For example, Shrimp Corn Dogs! You MUST try them. Outstanding.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank FhayzeB
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner and drinks, those Shrimp Corn Dogs are pretty delicious. We are pleased to have been a part of your holiday get together, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays!
Sacramento, California
“Spotty”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I ate in this restaurant on a Monday evening as the hotel's other restaurant was closed. I found the service spotty and the menu incomplete. I should have eaten at a place outside of the hotel.

Visited November 2012
Andy P, Manager at Encore Liquid Lounge, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your dinner fell short of expectations. We are always striving to improve our guests' experiences, and we will use this feedback as an opportunity to see where we can do better. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit, I do hope that you'll give us another opportunity next time you are in Chicago.