“Great restoration”

229 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“Great restoration”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This building is famous architecturally, and it's destined to be famous for the great, chic hotel that has opened here a few years ago. I remember this building well from my architecture college days and it was a blast to stay here this past summer. Luckily, a client was paying because it's not cheap, but it's very, very cool. If nothing else, visit the cool lobby area and eat at the great restaurant.

Visited August 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Would stay here again in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here the night before the Chicago Marathon. The hotel is beautiful and service is excellent. We arrived early (before noon) yet were immediately checked in. We were given a choice of a king or two doubles. Chose the doubles. The front staff was professional, efficient, and patiently answered all my questions. The room was great! The beds had beautiful sheer canopies. The toiletries were nice. I was able to join their In-Touch Program for free for free wi-fi during our stay. Bonus for the marathoners: at 5 A.M. in the morning they had complimentary coffee, bagels and peanut butter, bananas, and water available. My daughter watched the elite runners run by from our room window. Unfortunately, they could not provide late check out for runners but we did check our baggage there. But talking to other runners, I don't know of any hotel that offered this. When returning to Chicago for another visit, I will definitely consider the Burnham Hotel again!

Visited October 2012
Bloomington IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Elegant and well preserved”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've stayed in most of the Kimpton hotels in Chicago, and the Burnham is by far the most beautiful. This wonderful and important historic building has been thoughtfully and carefully restored with remarkably little compromise, and it now functions beautifully as an upscale hotel. My room had touches of sumptuous elegance in the Kimpton signature style. It was small but cozy (as opposed to rooms elsewhere that are small and unbearably cramped). I had a fabulous view of State Street, with the Marshall Fields store on the left and down a block the Carson-Pirie Scott store. In spite of the fact that it looked out on a very busy street, the room was quiet and peaceful. Great location, steps from the El, Millennium Park, and just about every central attraction in downtown Chicago. Excellent service, too. Did not try the restaurant, since it was closed for Labor Day. But I arrived just in time for the evening wine tasting, which was a pleasant welcome after a long trip.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank erster
Key Largo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

First trip to Chicago for the national restaurant show. Booked our stay on line at the Burnham and could not have been happier. The staff were friendly, informative and very helpful. The building itself is fabulous. Rooms were very comfortable. Will return again.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank PilotHouse
Baltimore, Maryland
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 297 helpful votes
“Great history”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This restored building has some great history to it. With originally restored mosaic floors this is a beautiful building. Our Chicago Greeter took us here and explained some of the back story. If you don't have a greeter with you, there are signs with information in the lobby (anybody can enter). It is defenitely worth taking a look at for a few minutes if you are around.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank BobKop

Been to Reliance Building? Share your experiences!