“Bar, not restaurant. Hard to find but worth it!”

Three Dots and a Dash
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Dots and a Dash is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Polynesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Tiki Bar in Chicago! Hard to find down a dark alley. Ask your driver to take you to Bub City and walk behind the building to the alley. Look for the neon sign and be prepared to transported. Down the stairs to a disney-esque Tiki Lounge. Snacks not food. But you are there for the drinks. Great combos of flavors but beware...most are potent alcohol and delicious! Love the little special touches...dolphin bananas, mermaid stirrers. Fun! If you have a group, reserve through open table to get a table. Standing room only on the weekends.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Was told that this was one one of the best restaurants in Chicago. Going down a dark alley and down the stairs was a bar that I never would have guessed being in Chicago. We thought that they would be serving "dinner" but all that they had were pupus, but with our drinks that is all that we needed. Will definitely go back the next time that I am in Chicago!

1  Thank Philip N
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The concierge recommended this place and even locals didn't know about it...If you like adventures and underground places this is the place to go...make a right on an alley and you'll find the door...
Nick, Julia and Mary, the bartenders, made my bday!!! Nick even handed me a present!!! If I'm back to Chicago I'll be definitely back there!!!! Good customer service, amazing drinks and the best location ever!!!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We LOVED it here! So much fun.
Tucked away into an alley, we weren't sure this was the place for us, but upon entering you are greeted with glowing skulls of shipwrecked sailors, down the stairs you are greeted by a dapper host and sat in cozy, 50s style booths. The waitresses are dressed in Hawaiian style dresses that are pretty and sophisticated with a touch of kitsch.
Now - the drinks!! I have never had so much fun with a menu. The glassware, the ingredients - it is all too much fun! We split some cocktails then went for the sharable clam-shell punch bowl. The music, the ambiance, the decor - I love love loved it all!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is not the easiest place in the world to find, but it is well worth the effort. The entrance to this tiki bar is located in an alley surrounded by tiki torches. It is a safe walk right off one of the main cross streets.

If you are looking for a cheap Bud Light or Michelob Ultra, this isn't the place for you. This is a great place to enjoy unique artisan drinks that aren't just thrown together. The drink menu has been artfully crafted and is amazing. Most drinks here are $13. Again, this isn't meant to be your neighborhood watering hole.

The awesome drinks coupled with an amazing atmosphere makes this a must see place. You know you are in for a great time when you walk in and go down a flight of stairs underneath a full wall of skulls. Once in the basement, you are transported to a tiki-wonderland. You could easily think you are in a Tahitian paradise. No design detail was spared in this bar. To be perfectly honest, this was probably the best bar I've ever been in - great drinks, great atmosphere and even great service from our waitress.

In an era of popular chain bars/restaurants it is refreshing to see an independent establishment shake things up. The owner of this place should be proud of the splash he/she is making on the Chicago bar scene. As an out of towner, I was not disappointed by my recent visit here.

Although nobody in our party ate, the small plates served here looked like they matched the effort they put into their drinks.

Stop by and show this place some much deserved love, but get there early, this place understandably fills up very fast.