“The pinnacle of hot dawgdom”
Review of Superdawg Drive-In

Superdawg Drive-In
Ranked #282 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Theres a reason superdawg makes every best hotdog list. The perfect dog, nice bite and texture, with chicago toppers like mustard, neon green relish, pickles, pickled green tomatoes... nestled in crinkle cut fries. Yes, the burgers are good, and the malts, too. But make sure you get a hot dog, too. Every time you see a "best hot dogs in America" list, you will scan the top of the list and see superdawg, and smile in agreement.

Having been there, you'll know you've had the best. DO IT!

1  Thank Carol1319
There are newer reviews for Superdawg Drive-In

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Service was quick and efficient, and the hotdog and fries (plus strawberry shake) was filling, but overall the experience seemed a little over-hyped from being profiled on a number of cable TV food and travel shows. Not really worth the trek from the O'Hare airport area via public transportation, but the drive-in itself had that nice 1950s drive-in architecture.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A friend suggested we meet her for lunch here on our recent trip to Chicago, and I'm so glad she did! I loved the pickled green tomato and pickle...and everything was delivered quickly. Next time, I'll try the malts....the ones I saw looked delicious. And now we know that there are 2 locations (since we went to the "wrong" one first)....at least I can vouch that they both have character, and do a hopping business around lunch time on weekdays! All these folks are on to something....hotdogs worth the drive!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stopped at Superdawgs Drive-in yesterday just because I was in the area and remembered all the times I had been there in the past 40 or so years.
It was a walk back in history and memory.
I can't think of a "Drive-in" restaurant in Chicago that still has 'car hops'! That alone makes it 'special'!
Service was excellent, almost immediate.
Received my order in almost the time it took me to remember how high to raise the window to attach the tray.
Food was delivered fast, hot and with a smile.
If the 'car hop' had roller skates on I would have thought I was back in the 60's.
It was the same meaty, hot dog I've remembered from years ago.
Price was a little more than I remembered, about $10 for a great hot dog, fries, and super thick milk shake. For me the trip into the past was worth the extra!
If you find yourself in the area of Devon and Milwaukee in Chicago, stop in you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Superdawg packs a mighty meal in a little box! The food here was wonderful. The hot dog would have been good without the condiments, but they definitely added (I didn't get onion or hot peppers). The fries were wonderful too!