“wish I had not eaten there”
Review of Tuscany on Taylor

Tuscany on Taylor
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscany on Taylor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #687 of 9,718 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Morgan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a voucher for a meal as part of a package with Amtrax. Decided to use it as I had paid for it in the package. Bad decision. Tuscanys have a menu for this deal and was given it to view and select fine at this point. Wait. The meal arrived dead terrible waiter ground some stale cheese over it and poored some cheap oil over the salad, enjoy. No. The salad looked like it had come from a lawnmower and was crap. Main was reheated from when !!! tasted old food. I wished I had not tried to eat this mess, bad taste. And more, the next day I new it with trips to the toilet. Taxi fare was $20 to get there. Would have been better to eat where I was staying.

There are newer reviews for Tuscany on Taylor

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Used a Groupon on a Sunday night.

Minestrone Soup - delicious - used the crusty bread to mop up every last drop
Chicken MonteCarlo - huge portion of two chicken breasts covered w/fontina and proscuitto in a white wine sauce, sitting on top of a huge mound of spinach. I really enjoyed it, but took 1/2 of it home.
Asparagus w/Brown Butter sauce - average
Chicken w/Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella - very light and tasty - could have used more tomatoes

Skipped dessert as we were too full, but it was a nice dinner. A little pricy without the Groupon so we might hold out for another type of discount before we go back again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place exceeded my expectations. Since it has multiple locations, I was kind of expecting it to be a generic Italian restaurant only a step above Olive Garden. I was so wrong. This is an exceptional and unique dining experience.

The atmosphere is great: predictable Tuscan-inspired decor, but still very cozy and charming. The service was top-notch: our waiter was ready with wine and food recommendations, and was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The service was quick too, even though it was a very busy Sunday night.

I went here with my husband and my parents. I sampled everyone's entrees, and all were equally delicious - how rare that EVERYONE's meal was above par! We started with a bottle of chianti along with our bread. Our server cracked a garlic clove on a plate, poured olive oil over it, and topped it off with fresh parmesan, which was for dipping our bread - outstanding. I ordered the veal-stuffed ravioli in four-cheese sauce, and I wasn't disappointed. My husband ordered a pasta that was on special, which was small crescent-shaped pasta pockets filled with cheese, peas, and artichokes in a vodka cream sauce. My mom ordered the chicken Monte Carlo, which I would probably order if I ever went back here again: chicken breast covered in prosciutto and fontina cheese in a chardonnay reduction. It was divine! Finally, my dad ordered a lamb t-bone that was on special that night, which was magnificent. All four entrees were original, tasty, hearty, and exceeded my expectations. All four of us also indulged in dessert (my parents were visiting from out of town, so it was a special occasion). All of the desserts were amazing, but I recommend the cannoli.

Overall, this place was great. I would recommend it for a nice night out, a date, or even a special occasion. A top-notch Italian restaurant in Chicago's Little Italy neighborhood. A+

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughter and I had a great lunch at Tuscany on a beautiful Chicago summer day. The special of the day was a fantastic seafood linguine dish. Combined with their excellent service and chocolate cannoli, really, what more can you ask for??

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Got to eat outside on beautiful Chicago night. Excellent service. Good selection of appetizers, pastas and 2nd courses. Enjoyed flatbread pizza, Calimari, eggplant parm. Excellent fresh desserts (cannoli). Worth the trip away from downtown.