“GREAT FOOD / LOW COST”

Neighborhood: Lakeview
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT FOOD / LOW COST”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This writer frequents the Horizon Restaurant. Broadway @ Grace, not far from Wrigley field. It is a delightful neighborhood eatery enjoyed by the locals. Family operated, good breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and fixed price holiday meals that include soup, salad, entree, dessert, coffee, etc.. Soups to satisfy the most demanding pallet, and wonderful pies, cakes, etc., many
baked on premises. Hours from 7am - 9pm daily. 773.883.1565

Visited May 2013

McHenry, Illinois
“New Favorite”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've been to Horizon quite a few times now, and have never been disappointed. It's a contemporary diner, the food is always good, perfect for a hangover or just a good start to your morning. Staff is always nice, constantly refilling my coffee. Awesome. Great food!!

Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Decent Diner”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice place to go when you are not sure what you want? Lots of choice and you get what you expect. Only complaint is that the Hot Chocolate Special they had was way too sweet.

Visited February 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Big Breakfast!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This restaurant offers a nice variety on their breakfast menu. I had the peanut butter caramel banana waffle. It was very good. The omelets looked delicious and were extremely large. Service was good and fast. It is a busy, noisy restaurant, but the food was very good!

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Never again”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

4 of us have met there once a month for several years but this is the last. First one of us ordered an egg white and broccoli omelet. It had just 3 smallish pieces of broccoli for almost 10 bucks. The club sandwich one of us ordered came with no dressing of any kind, had to ask for some. I think we were charged for it. The soup was good as normal. My table mates were done with their meal and mine hadn't even arrived yet so I canceled my order (how long does it take to cook some eggs and toast). It was one of there specials and I thought there shouldn't have been a problem. The wait staff didn't seem to care. When I went up to pay the guy behind the counter said "we took off your meal" , I thought yes since I didn't get it. No explanation, no apology, no going back.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Horizon Cafe & Restaurant? Share your experiences!