“Best Brunch experience in Chicago”
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #75 of 9,712 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family was looking for a brunch in Chicago, to combine good food, with location and atmosphere. We had all three in excellence at Grand Lux Cafe. The setting was perfect, sitting in the circular room at the corner of Ontario and Michigan, with the buzz of the city only bettered by the atmosphere inside. We had excellent brunch; the services was fast and attentive; the food tasteful and honest. Great experience in Chicago. Worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for Grand Lux Cafe

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate here twice. Excellent food and presentation. Fair prices. Quality service. Wonderful decor. It was close to our hotel. Well worth eating there

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had theater tickets so wanted someplace close to Hotel for an early dinner. Couldn't have picked a better place. Service was great an food was just as good. Great spot on Michigan ave. within walking distance of the theater district and lake.Price was also reasonable for downtown Chicago. We will be returning.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband is not a "breakfast food" guy, but he happily went back when we were in the city last weekend after eating here last December. We were seated right away at about 10:30am. He loved his omelet with peppers, mushrooms, etc. I enjoyed my eggs, and toast, and my teen daughter loved her pancakes and ham (the ham was especially good). Her small portion was more than enough. The decor makes me happy with it's high ceilings, whimsical painting, and out of the way nooks. Of particular note, when my daughter ordered ham with her pancakes, the waitress told us it would save us money for me to order it as an add-on to my eggs and just give them to my daughter. It was so nice of her to tell us!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I highly recommend this restaurant for any meal or simply drinks. the location is great, offering views of Michigan Ave. The food is phenomenal and so is the service, very attentive, polite and caring.
The place is very busy so arrive just before or after regular "rush" hours during lunch or dinner.
I don't think reservations are accepted and seating is on a first come first serve basis sometimes resulting in long wait times. but still worth it!
The decor is very classy and clean, as if in a 5 star luxury hotel.

I would recommend this restaurant in Chicago and I will visit again.