“The other reviews are correct”
Review of El Nuevo Mexicano

El Nuevo Mexicano
Ranked #1,165 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Cross street: Oakdale
Transit: CTA Bus - #22 Clark, Wellington, Oakdale or Surf Stops CTA Brown Line Train - Diversey or Wellington stops
Description: El Nuevo Mexicano offers a mix of traditional and new Mexican dishes. Stop by for delicious food accompanied with amazing drinks all in a lively, beautiful atmosphere. Drinks, Dining, Fun!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I just weren't in the mood for Italian while we were in Chicago, and sought out some good Mexican fare instead. We were very happy with our choice of El Nuevo Mexicano.

The food was not your typical Tex-Mex tacos y burritos. The menu made us really really think hard about what to choose... everything looked so good! The margaritas were tasty and the food presentation was just as lovely as it was delicious. Make sure to stop in if you are tired of Chicago Dogs and Pizza!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I like Mexican food that shows off a little style. This food was really good. I'd never even heard of a green mole before, but the waiter assured me it would be worth it. He was right. Everything tasted fresh with just the right amount (for me anyway) of spice. The restaurant itself was very neat. I will admit I'm not sure my teenagers felt the same way about it (they were looking for more run of the mill Mexican fare), but still, everyone left satisfied. The deserts were very good. The house margarita, with my requested modification for blanco tequila, was also very good (what can I say, I'm somewhat of a margarita snob). I highly recommend this restaurant and will try to go back the next time I'm in Chicago..

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed dinner and drinks on the patio last weekend. Generous portions and tasty food. Service was attentive and the vibe on the patio was energetic.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My friend and I chose this for a late-night meal (around 10:30 p.m.) simply by walking by and saying "We have to try this". We were first attracted by the atmosphere and then the aromas as we opened the door. We were quickly seated and there was an unusually healthy crowd for the time of evening during the week.
Everything was exceptional: the service, the food, the subdued lighting, the quiet music. The food is fresh, expertly prepared and beautifully presented. We highly recommend this restaurant for as close to authentic as one can get so far north of the border.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

While visiting Chicago for our oldest grandchilds college graduation, we followed Trip Advisors advice and ate with our family at El Nuevo Mexicano. Out of this world food whether salmon, flank steak or tilapia dishes. With great sangria, very capable service and charming decor, all of us loved the place. Wish they would open a Boston location!