“Fish and chips”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Some of the best fish and chips in they city. All you can eat twice a week.

Great bartenders. Friendly service. During the summer, a fun outdoor beer garden.

There are newer reviews for Duke of Perth

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived at 7:30 p.m. on a dark, dreary rainy Chicago night; our good fortune was that a parking space opened up right outside the restaurant, otherwise there would have been nowhere to park. The pub is very cool, dark and authentic and full of interesting artifacts - everything from a deer mounted to the wall wearing a coppers hat to a ship's lamp by the bar! The menu is not extensive but there is something for everyone. The wine was delicious, I had the pinot grigio and my Mum had the Pinot Noir and they were both excellent. The food was mixed; my Mum's bangers and mash came with two types of starches, mashed potatoes and rutabaga plus peas; the sausages were tasty and the food was hot. My leek pie was not terribly exciting and the promised cheesy sauce was rather bland. The steamed veggies were very undercooked but the food was hot and filling, albeit a tad bland. My husband ordered a burger with grilled onions on top and it came with fried onion rings on top! The chips were nice. There is a nice outdoor beer garden at the back but obviously we couldn't use it on a rainy night. The staff were nice and attentive.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This bar was recommended to us. Glad we took his advice. The Wee Heavy Beer was one of the best beers I have ever had. The all you can eat fish and chips on Friday night was delicious and served in a very timely mannerr. We were able to sit outside on the patio (about a 10 minute wait) and enjoyed a great evening. We also enjoyed watching the bartender pour his scotch like a pro. Great place. Nothing fancy, but food and beer were outstanding. Highly recommend it. Were able to walk to the Laugh Factory from there to see a great show!

1  Thank MrsVandy
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been going to the Duke of Perth since the early 1990s. Its a great place to go and get some fish and chips after a Cubs game. The menu expanded a bit in the last 5 years but it still delivers the best fish and chips in the USA IMHO. The whisky menu is wonderful and they have Bellhaven on tap. I wish I could have a tranporter device that would beam me into their outdoor dining area in summer time.

1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As a Scottish/Irish lass myself, I was searching the area around our hotel looking for a nice place to spend our last night in Chicago. I found this Scottish pub in my search and was very intrigued. I checked out the menu, specials, and the reviews. WOW...we just had to check it out! We were warmly welcomed by our server, Alexis, who really made us feel like we've been going there for years! We learned about ale's and lager's and some of the homeland favorites. We happened in on a Wednesday evening, all you can eat Fish & Chips. I must say, this was the best Fish & Chips I have ever had by far! I highly recommend if you are in the neighborhood, stop by because you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank cntrygrl127