“Not so bad...”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Place ha a reasonable atmosphere. Food was ok, nothing special. The menu you was novel. I particularly like the the theming if it. I had a problem with my starter, the said nothing and took it if my bill at the end. It was a little strange drinking cider in an American Pub I have to say. Is it a fair representation of being British, it's not bad. There are some things we don't usually have but was fun none the less:-)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a true Wisconsinite, when I moved to Chicago I missed the Friday all-you-can-eat fish fries at the local VFW club or church basement. Then I discovered the Duke of Perth, which offers the Northwood's staple on Fridays AND Wednesdays from noon to closing. The fillets are crispy, tasty and keep coming until you yell stop. (Close at hand is malt vinegar, if you're from Canada.) Feel guilty about eating all those fries? Just ask and the waiter will substitute steamed vegetables. Then top it off with a Guinness or other draft beer, and you'll never again miss Milwaukee.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friends and I totally loved this place, great food, great drinks menu, great service and well priced. What else can you ask for? I'd totally recommend it!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This place is so delicious. We visit every time we are in Chicago. The fish is huge pieces of white meat in a light batter and the chips are perfect! Must try the regional beer they have on tap but be aware that it isn't served cold. (Domestic is served cold). Try the whiskey too! I can't wait to come back just thinking about it - may have to schedule a trip!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I used to go here in the early 90s and order a McEwan's ale on tap. They no longer offer McEwans, but everything else about this charming pub/restaurant has stayed the same -- a very good thing! I love the menu -- great vegetarian options, burgers, sandwiches, and, of course, their famous fish and chips. So happy that when I return to Chicago for business trips, etc, I can return to this place and reminisce about those all-too-brief summers I spent in Chicago.