“Just what I hoped for..”
Review of Downtown Dogs

Downtown Dogs
Ranked #449 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Asheville, North Carolina
“Just what I hoped for..”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I wanted a good original Chicago hotdog and this place came through big time. Great dog, great french fries..I will go back next time in Chicago!!

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Let'em just warm it up.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very bad. Order hot dog, brat and french fries. You know it's bad when the flat top has 15 dogs just sitting on the side. You order and they warm it up for you. The brat was worse, so dry and crusty. I can say the french fries were awesome. However I would stay away or find out when they open so you can get a fresh dog off the grill.

Perth, Australia
“Good place for a classic Chicago hawt dawg.”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We couldnt go to Chicago without having a famous Chicago style hot dog. This is simple store with a simple menu.  We didn't get adventurous, we had a hot dog a fries. Cheap, delicious and easy!

1 Thank Edgie66
Helsinki, Finland
“Great Hod Dogs in their hometown”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

We found this place by advise of hotel concierge. You have to taste hod dogs in Chicago. This is the right place to do it. Downtown dogs with cheese fries was great to taste and good to eat in the hometown of hod dogs.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“First Chicago dog”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I were recommended this place by our hotel concierge at the James Hotel. It is a little hole in the wall, mom and pop place with a small menu, small counter seating, small outdoor seating and the best Chicago dog I have tasted so far....ok, it was my first as well, but it was everything I expected. Loaded with toppings, served with a bag of chips.

Anytime we travel, we always ask to stay away from the tourist traps and get into what's real...this place was real. It is what it is at Downtown Dog.

Visited June 2012