“My favorite chicken satay”

Dao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #704 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Description: Dao Thai Restaurant Combining fresh, premium quality ingredients with expert preparation and artful presentations, Dao Thai Restaurant offers an extensive menu and features Thai favorites such as Tom Yum and Pad Thai. Entrees can be ordered to suit your tastes- form mild to spicy or vegetarian-style. From dine in business lunches to family feasts delivered at home; Dao Thai Restaurant caters to an assortment of dining tastes, occasions, and events. Dao Thai is located at 230 E Ohio St, in the heart of the streeterville, and one and a half block east of magnificent mile.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been going to Dao for over 20 years when I'm in downtown Chicago. I adore their chicken satay - my favorite compared to many other Thai restaurants in the US and England. Great chicken & awesome peanut sauce. Disagree with those who disliked them. Service can be variable. I usually eat early so it's not crowded. I've also had meals delivered when I've stayed at a hotel in the loop. Prices amazingly low, particularly for the location.

1  Thank diz333

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I went here for dinner last night and the food was terrible. we ordered shrimp spring rolls and the tempura for appetizers along with miso soup ( which aw pretty good) The spring rolls were all burnt and the tempura was saked in oil and all gummy. Nothing like any tempura we have ever eaten. Also our aps were served with duck sauce. The kind you get in cheep Chinese take out places.

I took the longest time to get the servers attention each time we needed anything. We also ordered the spicy eggplant and the dao noodles for our main course which was supposed to be vegetarian. The eggplant was tasteless and oily and the noodles just tastes like they had been soaked in a sugary sauce. I also found some chicken in my vegetarian noodles!!!!

After we we're brought the check and put the money down on the table, our server practically knocked us over as we were leaving in order to collect the money we had left on the table.

Really bad service and really bad food with the exception of the miso soup.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My experience with Thai eateries is based mostly on dining in France where there are plenty of these places. This one gave the overall impression of a low-end Chinese place. Chicken satay skewers seemed to be merely microwaved with the "grill" stripes painted on. The pot-stickers were the same level of quality, as was the Pad Thai. Average is pretty much the best one can say about this place.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This bistro was just down the street from my hotel, so I went for a try. The food was good, by far not the best Thai I've ever had but worth the price. I would have generally given all 5 stars but felt 4 was justified by the lack of service received. I really felt the waiters disappearance could have been a little less often.

Overall, it was good and I would go back again when in the area.

1  Thank Thats_My_Milk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time in Chicago and went walking around Magnificent Mile to shop. My friend and I were on a mission for something to eat and everything we saw just didnt cut it until we found Dao Thai Restaurant. Once we walked in, we new this place would be good. Service was quick and food was amazing!!! I would def go back when I visit Chicago again!

1  Thank r0bem