“Average says it all”

Ranked #803 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Description: Dao Thai Restaurant Combining fresh, premium quality ingredients with expert preparation and artful presentations, Dao Thai Restaurant offers an extensive menu and features Thai favorites such as Tom Yum and Pad Thai. Entrees can be ordered to suit your tastes- form mild to spicy or vegetarian-style. From dine in business lunches to family feasts delivered at home; Dao Thai Restaurant caters to an assortment of dining tastes, occasions, and events. Dao Thai is located at 230 E Ohio St, in the heart of the streeterville, and one and a half block east of magnificent mile.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My experience with Thai eateries is based mostly on dining in France where there are plenty of these places. This one gave the overall impression of a low-end Chinese place. Chicken satay skewers seemed to be merely microwaved with the "grill" stripes painted on. The pot-stickers were the same level of quality, as was the Pad Thai. Average is pretty much the best one can say about this place.

There are newer reviews for Dao Thai Restaurant

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This bistro was just down the street from my hotel, so I went for a try. The food was good, by far not the best Thai I've ever had but worth the price. I would have generally given all 5 stars but felt 4 was justified by the lack of service received. I really felt the waiters disappearance could have been a little less often.

Overall, it was good and I would go back again when in the area.

1  Thank Thats_My_Milk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time in Chicago and went walking around Magnificent Mile to shop. My friend and I were on a mission for something to eat and everything we saw just didnt cut it until we found Dao Thai Restaurant. Once we walked in, we new this place would be good. Service was quick and food was amazing!!! I would def go back when I visit Chicago again!

1  Thank r0bem
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I were on a trip to Chicago for the weekend. I am always looking for a great value and found it at Dao Thai restaurant. They have a wonderful selection of entrees and appetizers and more than resonable prices.My meal was only $7.95 and I paid $3.50 for a Sam Adams.Now thats a deal.The food was terrific as was the wait staff. If you enjoy thai food put this place on your agenda

1  Thank Rocky1948
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Food was excellent and service was very quick -- almost too quick. It was not so much a dining experience as an eating experience. In and out in under an hour. Price was reasonable. This is NOT westernized Thai food, so read the menu carefully. The atmosphere, in an attempt to make it look authentic, just looks kind of dingy. Having said all that, the food was wonderful -- which was what we came for!

1  Thank 1213pdg