“You went for the food?”

Hooters - Chicago O'Hare
Reserve with OpenTable
Hooters - Chicago O'Hare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,590 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Description: World Famous Wings, Sandwiches, Seafood, a Full Bar and more all served up by your favorite Hooters Girl. Watch your favorite game on TV or just relax in the casual atmosphere with your friends. Delightfully tacky yet unrefined, Hooters is your neighborhood spot where you can kick back with cold beer and hot wings any day of the week. The Original Wing Joint since 1983.
Chicago, IL
“You went for the food?”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

A review of Hooters should be aesthetic, not cullinary.

And in fairness, their menu has improved over the years. I'm pretty sure they were serving me McNuggets when I first started going, but I can't be certain because I never looked down at my plate.

So no, I'll grant you that there are no Gordon Ramsays in the kitchen at Hooters. But if that's really what you went for, you're missing the point.

I was skeptical about the talent walking in the door. The rule of thumb in most cities is that the girls get exponentially better looking the further you get from the airport. Anybody who doubts me can hop a flight to Milwaukee and sprint across the tarmac to the Airport Lounge.

Then taxi clean up to the farthest northern suburbs and compare the dancers at Silk Exotic. No contest, my friend.

So on that scale, the girls at this Hooters were well above average, and my waitress was friendly. She confided that they get busier than most she's worked at, and since a lot of guys are transient, they seem to feel free to be more rude than if they were dining in their own home towns.

All that said, it wasn't bad. But I hear good things about these "Tilted Kilt" places, and I'm heading up to the Madison area tomorrow to check that out.

• Visited December 2011

Elkader, Iowa
“bad service”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

bad service , all of us didnt get our food. bills were wrong when we got them. manager was a jerk about it.

Visited February 2011
chicago
“Lousy wings, nice breasts”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Beer's cheap, wings dry, fries didn't crunch, noisy and crowded.

1 Thank normancito
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of my favorite places for buffalo wings next to Buffalo Wild Wings.”
Reviewed January 1, 2008

One of my favorite places for buffalo wings next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook