“Ribs, Ribs, and more Ribs! (and don't forget the fries)”

Miller's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Beachwood, Ohio
“Ribs, Ribs, and more Ribs! (and don't forget the fries)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

During a recent business trip to Chicago I went out for a walk to explore a bit and look for a place to eat. I came upon Miller's Pub. I ran in grabbed a salad and on the way out paused to read some of the letters on the wall. One mentioned a gentleman's granddaughter who loved their ribs. I needed no more coaching and so I went back the next afternoon for lunch to see what this granddaughter loved so much. May I just say I was late for the afternoon session and these ribs were the reason!!
The sauce was heavenly and I definitely needed the wet wipes they brought to your table (lol).
I was back again the next evening for dinner and since I had more time, I was ready for a rib feast. I have to also give a shout out to the french fries...they were perfect!! I mean really, really excellent! The Caesar salad was good...well, I'll post a photo or two and let you see for yourself. A few weeks later I'm still thinking about those fries and ribs.
The service was exceptional and friendly and on the way out, yes, I admit it, I purchased 4 bottles of their "Miller's Pub World Famous Barbecue Sauce", a bottle of their Cayenne Hot Sauce, and the gentleman threw in a bottle of Steak Sauce when he recognized me from the prior two visits.
If you are in Chicago, and yes they have gobs of wonderful restaurants, this is a definite 'go to'. Enjoy!!

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Pittsburgh
“Decent beer selection, but food was meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

More and more restaurants are upping their game when it comes to beer selections, and Miller's had enough choices to satisfy most any craft beer aficionado. The food was just OK. As a previous reviewer noted the "World Famous Ribs" were just OK. I have had better ribs at Applebee's. Not that they were bad, just nothing special. My friend had a Reuben and it was again good but nothing to go out of the way for. We visited around 8 pm or so on a Monday night and were seated quickly and the service was good. Miller's will satisfy your hunger, but I don't know it will warm the cockles of your heart.

Los Gatos
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Miller's Pub was next to our hotel so we decided to try it. Several people had mentioned it was an "in" place to eat while in Chicago. Can't say we were overly impressed. Had a "famous" rib dinner and fish and chips. Can't say either meal stood out in any way. Average and adequate. The service was good. We ate close to the bar which was very noisy and the foot traffic by our table was constant. I think there are much better options in this general area.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Beats going to the chains”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I dined here on May 6, 2013. I had the "world famous" baby back ribs. They were acceptable but nothing special. And despite traveling a good part of the globe, I've never heard of Miller's ribs before. She had the spaghetti and meatballs. She said it wasn't very good (I didn't try because I find spaghetti and meatballs one of the most detestable meals ever conceived).

On the plus side, the waitstaff was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was good, though there were many paintings on the wall of people that looked like they had cirrhosis of the liver (not sure what that was all about). The prices were also reasonable for downtown Chicago. All and all, I'd go here before eating at one of the chains that dominate the downtown.

Kansas City, MO
“Miller's Pub is a Chicago institution”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went to Miller's tonight for the first time in years, and am glad I did. This place is really old-school in the best sense of the word. When the maitre'd tells you "Follow Rocco to your table" it's like you're in a time warp. I had the world-famous (as they describe them) Canadian Baby Back Ribs. They were really excellent. Tender, smoky, and their BBQ sauce is good, slightly spicy. With that meal you get a good side salad, bread, and a side dish. Tons of food, but all good. There are signed photos on the walls from all kinds of famous visitors. Seems like everyone has been there. Where else can you find signed photos of Frank Sinatra, Mickey Rooney, (former Chicago Symphony Music Director) Daniel Barenboim, and....Spiro Agnew? If you're downtown and have a chance, don't miss a visit to Miller's!

• Visited April 2013