“Good southern china food”

Moon Palace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moon Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #941 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Wentworth and Cermak
Transit: Cermak-Chinatown (Red Line)
Description: Welcome to Moon Palace! We have been serving Chinese food since the early 90's. At Moon Palace we specialize in Shanghai and Mandarin cuisine and are famous for many of our delicious dishes and great service. For our prospective customers, Moon Palace offers a unique experience of Chicago's Chinatown. A jewel resting at the entrance of Chicago's Chinatown, Moon Palace offers quality food, a comfortable and relaxed ambiance, and a full bar menu. Whether you are coming to enjoy a nice lunch date or preparing for a night out with the family, Moon Palace is the perfect place to be. Looking forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed October 20, 2013

genuine southern china food. delicious food and cosi atmosphere.

you should try their cold dishes and also seafoods.

There are newer reviews for Moon Palace Restaurant

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Years ago, a friend of mine who visits Chicago frequently, told me about Moon Palace in Chinatown. I went there 7 years ago and return to it every time I am in Chicago. The food is fantastic. Everything I have had is well prepared, fresh and a large enough portion. The steam dumplings are divine and my favorite thing is the Szechuan String Beans. They are to die for. The restaurant is steps from the Cermak "L" stop in Chinatown and next door to the old fire station where they filmed Back Draft.

Find it, eat a great meal then wander the streets and shops of Chinatown.

1  Thank sandih
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went here for dinner on a Friday night with my two friends. We had a reservation but the place was empty so it wasn't necessary. The food was great but the service was even better. We had a bottle of plum wine that was delicious. It's one of the nicest and most affordable Chinese restaurants I've been to.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As another reviewer mentioned, this place was clean with good friendly service. Their steamed pork dumplings are among the best in Chinatown and the only place we will eat Dan Dan Mein (noodles with spicy peanut sauce). Much better than the over-hyped Lao Sze Chuan.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We are very fond of Asian food ,having traveled extensively throughout the far east. After reading the reviews I felt we should try the Moon Palace.The food and service were very good and I felt the food was not outstanding ,but very good.We had the green onion pancake appetizer which I love at China Mama in Vegas it was very greasy here.We also had salt and pepper fish which was tasteful but could have used a little sauce .The Singapore noodles with pork was very tasty and perhaps the best dish we had.Most restaurants in China town have indifferent service,but the service is an exception in this spot.