“Great little Chinese Restaurant”

Moon Palace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moon Palace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #951 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Wentworth and Cermak
Transit: Cermak-Chinatown (Red Line)
Description: Welcome to Moon Palace! We have been serving Chinese food since the early 90's. At Moon Palace we specialize in Shanghai and Mandarin cuisine and are famous for many of our delicious dishes and great service. For our prospective customers, Moon Palace offers a unique experience of Chicago's Chinatown. A jewel resting at the entrance of Chicago's Chinatown, Moon Palace offers quality food, a comfortable and relaxed ambiance, and a full bar menu. Whether you are coming to enjoy a nice lunch date or preparing for a night out with the family, Moon Palace is the perfect place to be. Looking forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in Chicago on business, and a local coworker took me to Chinatown for dinner. This is his favorite restaurant in the area - he says he's been going there for 30+ years. The restaurant is modernly decorated - evidently there was a fire several years ago, and it was remodeled afterwards.

The food was served quickly and was quite delicious. I had egg drop soup, steamed dumplings, and the Mongolian chicken dish with white rice - all delicious!

I would highly recommend when in the area - and it is very near the EL - so convenient to get to from the city.

1  Thank StevenVA

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have probably eaten at Moon Palace more than 1000 times over the last thirty years, and have never had a bad meal. Their hot and sour soup is the best that I have ever had, and their dumplings are as good as the best that I had in a recent trip to Shanghai. Moo Shu is excellent. Try the lo mein with special sauce and the duck with black mushrooms -- you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was one of the best places we've eaten in Chicago's Chinatown. The food was above-average quality and prices were very reasonable, especially for lunch. The hot-and-sour soup was marvelous on a cold day. We had fried rice, orange chicken, cashew chicken, and shrimp and vegetables, and all were very good. I wouldn't hesitate going there again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

In a town with ridiculous food prices, I really appreciated Moon Palace. I ate here 3 times for lunch while attending a conference at nearby McCormack Center. The first day I ordered sizzling rice soup for $7 and an order of potstickers for $6. Both items were easily big enough to share and delicious. The next time I went I had the crispy squid with salt and pepper from the lunch special $9. It was light but had complex, spicy flavor. The last time I went I had the Kung pao scallops from the lunch special menu for $9. Both of the specials came with rice and hot tea. Well worth the mile walk from the convention center.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I think Moon Palace is probably one of the best restaurants in Chinatown. Our family has the tradition of going to a Chinese Restaurant on Christmas Day. Over the years, we have tried different restaurants and always come back to Moon Palace. The food is great and service is awesome. The wait staff is really nice. They give extra attention to kids and all-in-all, very satisfactory. I would recommend most everything on menu.