“Friendly service and nice food”

Pizano's Pizza & Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizano's Pizza & Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed May 7, 2014

As a first time visitor to Chicago I asked many people where I should go for my first 'chicago pizza' and got several suggestions, but settled for Pizano's as it was close to my hotel. I arrived about 6pm and took the last table! Its def a popular place and a mix of locals and tourists. My waitress was great and I was well taken care of. I had the mozarella sticks that were fresh and tasty. I followed that with their thin crust pizza ( apparently Oprahs favourite!) and it was nice but nothing earth-shattering. It was fine though.
Several people were sat at the bar both drinking and eating, several tv screens showed a variety of sports.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best pasta I have had in a long time. Some of our friends suggested a place cal Lou manaltis or something which was so hyped up that we didn't enjoy it. However the next day we decided to re you Pizanos and it was an unforgettable experience. When im back in chicago this will be my first stop for a great meal.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stopped in this restaurant for dinner while in Chicago. We ordered the thin crust pizza and calamari for an app. The calamari was so chewy that we couldn't eat it. The waiter quickly took it back and took it off our bill with no questions. The pizza was okay...nothing special. One of us ordered a Caesar salad, which was fine. Service was great. Not sure this will be a stop if we ever return to Chicago.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stopped here before heading to the theater. We were a little concerned about the time so decided not to order pizza as even the thin crust takes 30 minutes. I decided to order the squash ravioli. It came out quickly, but it was 5 greasy raviolis on a plate, no side. For me the filling was too sweet and I couldn't taste sage in the sauce, as advertised in the menu and the sauce hadn't seemed to come together. I ate one, then offered it to someone else in my party, who also found it disappointing. When we were offered a box I let the waiter know we didn't care for it. He did offer to have something made to replace it, but it just wasn't worth the trouble at that point for me as everyone else was done and we had an event to get to, so I declined. It was a fairly expensive dish for what it was. I probably won't go back, but maybe if I had stuck to the pizza...

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had to try Chicago Deep Dish Pizza on our first trip to Chicago. We were not disappointed. Pizano's is recommended by numerous "locals". For $6.75 you can get an individual size deep dish pizza to try. It's perfect. A delicious slice of heaven that we will long remember once we get home.