“Authentic little Chicago pizza place”

Pizano's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #308 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were looking for deep dish pizza at a little mom and pop place with an authentic Chicago feel . We found it at this location . The food is very good , the place is decorated with hundreds of pictures celebrities that had visit the place is kind of cute to see .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am a real thin crust pizza fan. My favorite is Zafiro's in Milwaukee. On a recent visit to Chicago I had a taste for thin crust pizza. I was staying in River North and the doorman at my hotel recommended Pizano's. He said Pizano's had won a reward for the best thin crust pizza in Chicago.
I think goes without saying that if you like thin crust pizza, the crust makes the pizza. The Pizano Pizza was quite good. Good sauce, chesee and toppings. that said, I couldn't quite figure out the crust. I do no think it was a normal "tossed" type crust. It tasted more like a thinner version of the crust that goes in a deep dish pizza.
Sat at the bar. Service was very good. Pizza was good, tasty, but just "different", perhaps because it wasn't what I was expecting.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Deep dish pizza was on our list of things to try whilst in Chicago.
Was recommended to go to pizano's. This location is the original and is in the style of an old school Italian. We were seated in 'the back' as the main room was busy. Waiter was helpful explaining the different pies and also told us that each one would take 30 mins to cook.
Pizza ordered and chicken wings for appetiser. We had ordered the large(too big for two) we both thought that it was too cheesy but if that's the style then that's the style. We took the uneaten boxed and had it cold the next day which strangely tasted better?!
Wasn't for us but that's not the restaurants fault. I'm sure that if deep dish is your thing then this place is worth visiting.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Old School Italian pizza and pasta sports bar. Great quality food at reasonable prices right in the centre of the Loop. My kids loved the deep pan pizzas and their salads are awesome. Good selection of beers and wines and very family friendly. May have to wait 20 minutes or more for your main course but it's prepared fresh so I'm good with that. As well as the food being of good quality and value, the place has a pleasant buzzy sports bar atmosphere with a touch of nostalgia.

Worth a visit for an informal meal.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The wings were tasty, the pizza was a slice of Chicago....yum yum yum!!! Great Atmosphere to enjoy it all in!!!!! Highly recommend checking it out.

Been to Pizano's Pizza & Pasta? Share your experiences!