“Just like it's probably always been”

Pizano's Pizza & Pasta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizano's Pizza & Pasta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Photos on the wall, tables close together, an old place--with great deep dish pizza. Great service from what appears to be a staff that's worked together for a long time. Caesar salad a little disappointing, especially since it came without anchovies. However, a fun place to sit and get a taste of Chicago as it's always been.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Granted, Chicago is knows as the home of the deep dish pizza, but Pizanos is one of the very best of a great group. The family that runs it has been doing deep dish since the beginning, and this pizza has been featured on national TV shows and magazines for years as being one of the best. It is authentic, and simply delicious.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We really enjoyed Pizano's, although I'm embarrasssed to say we did not order pizza. Partly because you needed to order it 40 minutes ahead of time in order to have it close to ready when seated. The pasta options were basic red sauce Italian, nothing extraordinary, but tasty and affordable. It was a great place to bring kids because they blended right into the friendly noise and crowds.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

And boy was the recommendation to come here the best one! I had heard a lot about this place and about Chicago's famous deep-dish pizza and wanted to try it. I did some research which totally confused me. But a local (actually several locals) all recommended this place. And they were right! It was amazing!

I recommend the Rudy's Special. It was exactly that - special and wonderful for the tastebuds. Chicago was only a brief stop over and now I want to go back. Just to have another Rudy's Special deep dish!

And by the way, the house white zinfandel wine was also amazing! It complimented the pizza really well, but great on its own as well. And for $6.50 - a steal!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my friend & I's first trip to Chicago. After checking in to our hotel around 1 pm, we decided to go for lunch, in which a staff member at the hotel recommended Pizano's (apparently the brownie dessert there is to die for). Just a short walk from our hotel, we arrived and were seated promptly. It was busy and lively. The bar tender was chatting along with locals or perhaps just friendly with out of town-ers! We both ordered a beer and an individual deep dish pizza each.. With two toppings it was under $8 (excluding tax) the menu says it'll be a half hour, but we were in no rush.. Just happy to be there! A large party came in and our table was next to an empty one. Our server asked if it'd be alright if we moved to a different table so we could accommodate them; my friend and I of course didn't mind, we only had our drinks at this point. Later, our bar tender asked if she could buy us next round and we got a shot on the house. The pizza was AMAZING. I will dream of this pizza in Canada :( delicious. Cheesy, saucy, perfect crust. Everything I imagined. When I go back to Chicago, this will definitely be on my place to stop..delicious pizza, affordable prices, great atmosphere.