“wonderful food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Mies Van Der Rohe
Transit: Bus 151, 145, 146, 147, 148 / Red Line @ Chicago Ave.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a party of 8 for dinner.
Meat/steaks was superb.
Very helpful waiter.
Have nothing bad to say, just a little pricey.I would rather pay a little more for service AND food.
This restaurant did both.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The food and the service was excellent! I highly recommend the Buffalo Strip and the creme brûlée DELICiOUS!!! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The filet trio is 3 separate 4 oz filets medallions with your choice of crust. 6 or 7 options I believe. This didn't SEEM like a lot of steak when reading the menu, but boy..... it was bigger than I expected when it got to the table. I asked for medium rare and the filets came out cooked PERFECTLY. Of the 3 crusts I got, I was spuriously disappointed with the peppercorn butter, because usually I am a HUGE peppercorn fan. There was simply too much pepper. It was a bit overpowering and began to drown out the steak.

We also ordered the lobster mac and cheese. So tasty, but it would have been better if it had been made with a different pasta. When I take a bite of mac and cheese I want a fork full of pasta. Penne is a little too big to get more than 2 or 3 pasta shells on your fork. Taste was SPOT ON, though.

For desert we had the White Chocolate Pretzel Bread Pudding. I'm from Louisiana originally and have had my fair share of bread pudding. I've now got a new favorite! This was SOOOOOO good. The salt from the pretzel was such a good touch.

Pay a visit to Saloon if you're in Chicago!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Saloon steakhouse is a good neighborhood steak house who is not trying to be the fanciest / hippes place in town (like all the others). More of a neighborhood feel where you can dress how you like and not have to worry about keeping up w/ the Joneses. The food is good an and reasonable and the environment friendly. A dinner for two with apps and a glass of wine will be less than $100. Not sure where else you can get that with downtown steak places.

It is typically no busy and you can walk right in. If you are looking for hustle and bustle, find another place on Rush Street. If you just want people watching, again, go to Rush St.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Crap, extremely overpriced and not worth the money at all.
The Prime Rib was ok but nothing more, but definitely not worth the price. Look for other good steakhouses in Chicago, there are plenty.