“This one deserves 5 Stars.....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lakeview
CHICAGO
“This one deserves 5 Stars.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is one of unique Indian restaurants I have ever seen. Unique and Best in every thing. Food, People, Servers, Owner every aspect of this place makes it stand out as Best Indian restaurant in Chicago land.

At first, I was surprised to see their menu. Some very authentic dishes which you ony find in Indian household are been added to the menu. None of other resturants you will find Red kidney beans Indian style, Cabbage , Aloo Gobi, and also Non Veg dishes are tasty....

The owner is very nice person always take care of his guou happest and makes sure he will make you Happy & comfortable..

For intance , we ordered for extra Roti / Naan , which took 4 mins to come to the table. The owner came to us and said "Since you had to wait for 5 mins...We are sorry &....I wont charge you..."

A must go restaurant in Chicago.... & also top reviewed. Please call ahead , some times their Buffet has 2 hrs wait....Even home delivery during dinner time has 2 hrs waiting....

I would defenitely go there again and again...when I get a chance....

• Visited July 2012

Lowell
“Above standard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We have never had Indian Cuisine before but saw Standard India on the show, "Check, Please." The service was outstanding and the food was delicious! Bathroom was very clean too.

1 Thank ChuckDawnJoeyP
Odessa, Florida
“Best Indian Food And Buffet Added Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I like Indian food, and that was some of the best I have had. The buffet is a great value, and they also bring you other dishes from the kitchen. The waiters constantly monitor your needs and keep the water glass full of cold water - a necessity for Indian food. I highly recommend this indian restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lexaqua
Omaha
“So-so dinner buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went to this place after reading some good reviews on the Internet. The restaurant staff were very courteous, they welcomed us inside and regularly asked us if the food was OK, etc. The place was pretty busy for a weekday evening. We had the thali buffet - which is a set of entrees served in small bowls placed around a large plate or thali. The quantity was sufficient, the variety and range was also great with about 15 curries etc. in all. However, the taste of every preparation was bland. Overall, its an OK restaurant, but if you are looking for authentic Indian food with flavor you might be better off skipping this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandma's Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went to Standard India after hearing great things about it from our other Indian friends. I have tried most of the restaurants on Devon so have a pretty good comparison of good food went eating Indian.

We ordered the bengan bharta, garlic naan, bhatura and vegetable pakoras and the food was delicious! It reminded me of my grandmother's cooking when we would visit her in India. I tried the gulab jamun and found them also to be really fresh.

I think I found a new place I can go to when I am not cooking at home. Next time, I'll try the thali.

• Visited May 2012