“Very good food in pleasant casual restaurant”
Review of Star of Siam

Star of Siam
Ranked #272 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Star of Siam serves healthy, delicious, great value food. Star of Siam is the best choice for anyone who loves Thai food. Menu highlights include Padthai Noodles, Cashew Chicken, Tomyum (hot & sour lemongrass soup), Satay with signature peanut sauce and cucumber salad, and authentic tasty curries. Star of Siam is a convenient place to escape from the bustle of downtown.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Someone from my hotel recommended this excellent Thai restaurant, just a block away. It's not easy to find, but once inside, it's inviting and open looking. The menu is extensive--a range of curries and noodle dishes and an excellent selection of appetizers. I ordered take out from my hotel room and it was ready and nicely packaged as promised. My curried chicken dish (with a side order of rice) was superb. The price--for a city restaurant--was unbeatable. Because I stay at the same hotel frequently, I will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stop in to enjoy a nice Thai meal when in Chicago. It is located in a great place and the service is friendly and efficient. We had a group of 15 last time we dined and they took very good care of us. Food is very good and there is a lot of variety and choice. Always enjoy the pot stickers as an app and then try to pick an entree! Will definitely return there!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here while staying at the Hotel Palomar, across the street.
We had spring rolls and shrimp wonton soup for appetizers. There were two spring rolls with a spicy peanut sauce. The soup was enough for two, as the menu explains.
For the entree, my husband had the pad Thai. I tried the "spicy crazy noodles."
The pad Thai was exactly what he wanted. The spicy was SPICY, which the waitress had warned me.
So, if you like it hot, go for it. Otherwise, find something else.
A good value with pleasant service.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel . We were immediately greeted with enthusiasm by the staff. The food was out of this world ! Authentic and reasonable !! Will return soon! The drinks are fun and I recommend trying one of the specials !

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Star's food continues to Amaze and Delight with their authentic Thai dishes! Staff is attentive and helpful. Happily, they are very accommodating to diners with food allergies, and they're happy to adjust the spices up or down for sensitive palates.

There's something on the menu for everyone. If you're adventurous, try the tasty Tod Mun. Tom Yum soup is excellent, too. Whole Red Snapper is incredible!!! Noodle dishes and stir fries are deliciously satisfying. They have a full drink menu.

Be sure to check out the delightful decor! We will keep coming back with friends and family!