“Great food and good atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Spice Restaurant
Ranked #1,624 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Great Thai food in walking distance from my home. With many Thai options in the area this is great that the closest one to me is the best.

With the food and the atmosphere here I almost felt that I was back in Chaing Mai Thailand.

Visited February 2013

Berkley, Michigan
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Anthony, owner and front man, is everything a restaurant host should be - friendly and knowledgable. His wife is in the kitchen, preparing the best Thai food I have ever eaten. Their meals' degree of heat is rated on Anthony's scale of one to ten; a new customer is not allowed to order higher than five on the first visit. That heat is earned. And for the meek (like myself), you are able to order your food at "zero", with no judgement. My Pad Thai was heavenly, with the smooth, peanuts flavor evident in every bite. My table mates had Seafood Fried Rice, Panang Noodles, and Lad Nar, which they all proclaimed delicious; two of them ordered their food at "one" and found the food sufficiently spicy. There are two tables with floor pillows, if you are able to contort to sitting on the floor. You may need to be patient; the kitchen is small, and the food is cooked to order. There are no alcoholic beverages served, but you may bring your own bottle of wine. Thai Spice is my new standard for Thai food!

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Friendly & Delicious”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Anthony is wonderful, bottom line. You can tell he just genuinely wants to make you happy! His service is top notch. The food matches his charisma. My wife and I ordered out twice in the past week because we loved the Pad Thai so much! We split it and had still had a little left over. Even people with big appetites couldn't finish this in one sitting. All around great place!

• Visited December 2012
Ocala, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my first experience with Thai food. We were there for a rehearsal dinner for a family member's wedding. They took wonderful care of us, even accommodated the children of the group with milder dishes... The food was phenomenal!

Visited October 2012
Wilmette, Illinois
“authentic homemade Thai in a storefront setting”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We've been to this spot many times. The owner Anthony is out front and his wife who is Thai is in the kitchen. Ask Anthony for recommendations and give him your special requests. Service can somtimes require some patience but the wait is well worth it. I'm especially fond of the Pad See Eiuw; the sauce is fabulous! This is a casual BYOB with diverse clientele ranging from college students to suburban couples who make the trip to the city's north side. This is my favorite Thai spot on the nnorth side/north suburbs.

• Visited March 2012