“ok. go if you are craving indian food and are in the neighborhood.”
Review of The Indian Garden

The Indian Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Indian Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #560 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Fairbanks& Ontario
Description: Fine Dining Authentic Indian Restaurant in heart of Chicago.
Reviewed January 15, 2008

ok. go if you are craving indian food and are in the neighborhood.

Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2008

It's ok if you know the dishes well(if you've tried them before and know what's tasty).

Reviewed November 19, 2007

Not worth spending money, the food is tasteless...not at all spicy.

Reviewed March 12, 2007

On the reccomendation of a coworker (over India House), I ate at Indian Garden this evening. I've had better Indian, but it's been very rare, this was great! I ordered the Gosht Pasanda -- lamb in a smooth "gravy" of cashews, cream, raisins and spices. The lamb had a few chunks of fat in it that I spit out, but was otherwise very tender and flavorful. The sauce was a home run, and I'm going to start keeping my eye out for the dish at other Indian restaurants I go to. Also very good was the Aloo Parantha, whole wheat bread filled with mashed potatos and spices, pretty similar to Naan.

There were a few drawbacks. The service overall was pretty average, and my waiter didn't seem especially interested in the fact that I was there. I had to wait about 3-4 minutes before anyone even bothered to fill my water glass, and another couple minutes before the waiter came over for my drink order. Rice had to be ordered separately from the meal, which I didn't know, and my waiter didn't bother to tell me. I asked another server for some when my meal showed up, and he brought it to me promptly, but not telling me initially did irk me. The other waitstaff that assited me were much nicer and more helpful though, and the food was so wonderful, that I have to give the total package a 5 and assume I just got the lousy waiter of the bunch. Total meal with 24 oz. beer, entree, bread, and rice came to $33.52 before tip.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2005

(I absolutely LOVE Indian food.) I was just in this restaurant (Aug/25/05). Before ordering I made sure they understood I cannot stand spicy food. The Indian guy (who spoke English perfectly, by the way) who took the order guaranteed the dish would be very mild --chicken curry.

Result: I could not eat. I complained to the guy who came by to ask how the food was. He smiled as if I had told him it was the best and left. They never came back or tried to do anything to be sure I'd leave their restaurant satisfied with the food. Well, I guess that's the reason why very few people were there --on a Chicago Friday evening!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member