“Great food, excellent service”

Tutto Italiano Restaurant
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Congress and Wells
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Tutto's is halfway between work and home for me so I tend to pop in here fairly regularly (at least 3 times per month). The service is excellent from the minute you walk in the door and are greeted and helped with your coat. The wait staff are friendly and helpful and regularly accomodate our off-menu choices. Their chicken parmesan is fantastic as is their fettucine alfredo and chicken marsala. I did not care for the lasagna but that is because I am not a fan of ricotta cheese which this had a lot of. Genti and Monte are fabulous with Genti being an avid story teller. The dining area is in a 'train' and has great atmosphere.

I would highly recommend this restaraunt if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Unique place to eat (in a train car) and the food was good. A little pricey for what you get, but the food was tasty. We had a gift card so that's why we went but I'm not sure we would visit again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

All of the restaurants around Michigan Avenue were completely booked up for New Years Eve. My girlfriend and I did some searching and found this place since it was located next to the Blue Line and the EL. It is away from the busy parts of the city so we were able to get a seat in the "rail car" part of the place which was very unique. Food was excellent, drinks were refilled promptly, and the food was really cheap for being downtown Chicago. Will go back again!

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place and I am so glad we did! The food was above the bar, the setting is so unique....sitting in the train car is a must. It's very quaint. They take reservations...it's not crazy busy so you can relax and enjoy! Prices are unbeliveable for downtown. If you have never tried this place, do! You won't be disappointed. There are many great Italian places in Chicago but the train car and atmosphere defiantly make this one stand out!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place looked so interesting (part of it is an old train car) we just had to try it. All of the rooms are so much better than their website photos. All of the place has great atmosphere. The full bar is dark with large TVs. There's also a dining room which looks very nice. But the place to have your meal is in the old train car which is so romantic. We were here for lunch. It was fantastic. Service was great, and the food was terrific. My wife had the chicken risotto which she loved, and I had the Linguine Marechiaro which was wonderful. We shared the great eggplant appetizer. The sauces were unbelievable and the serving huge (we took half of our food home. Our waiter recommended a terrific bottle of wine that definitely complimented our meal. The prices are not bad for big city dining, but might seem steep for country folk.