“Hungry”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Very good Philippines breakfast, good service, fare pricing. one of The best marinated steak in Chicago.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Nothing to compare to. Great unique menu combined with outstanding customer service (thanks Jib!). Can't resist anytime in Chicago.

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

We are looking for Filipino restaurant in town and we saw this place. We had Longganisa and Bangus, it was so good feels like we are back home. We had little chit chat with Uncle Mike, This person is very down to earth and very accomodating. Thank you so much for welcoming us with my cousin. Amazing customer service and great place. Highly recommended this place. Also, thank you so much for the complimentary breakfast Uncle Mike. If you want a Filipino food away from home visit Uncle Mike's place.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

My friends and I had lunch at this fabulous restaurant today. The food and service was superb. We were able to meet Uncle Mike, the owner, personally. He is such a sweet, gracious and gentle person. I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Try the skirt steak with baby bangus. Thank you so much Uncle Mike. I now have a fav Pinoy resto. We will definitely be back and try other items on the menu.

Reviewed January 27, 2017

Stayed downtown for the evening and instead of eating breakfast at the hotel- convinced my husband to eat at .Uncle Mike's Place. They serve American breakfast fare as well, but come for the Filipino breakfast- 2 eggs, garlic fried rice and your choice of loganisa(Filipino sausage), Tocino (wine marinated pork shoulder- my fave), Spam fried crisp and spicy, skirt steak or bangus (weird, fish for breakfast, but it is really good.) OR a combo of any of the meats above with a tomato salsa (marinated with vinegar instead of lime). Everyone get a bowl of Lugaw- rice porridge with chicken flavored with ginger, garlic and onion( Filipino trinity) with breakfast and on some days they have champorado (chocolate rice porridge). My husband enjoyed his bacon and egg breakfast it's hasbrowns and help me finish my Tocino and my son ate his grilled cheese and bacon sandwich and ate all his rice porridge. Such a great place and the servers were great!