“Don't miss the Greek Fries”
Review of Athenian Room

Athenian Room
Ranked #1,570 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
florida
“Don't miss the Greek Fries”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We walked a bit from the train station but it was worth the hike. I loved the roasted chicken and greek fries with feta cheese.

Visited September 2012

St. Cloud, MN
“Great Greek Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Chicago greeters tour. Our tour guide suggested Athenia. The steak fries or Greek fries as they called them were fantastic. The chicken kalamata and kabobs were outstanding too. We were very pleased with lunch that day!

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Food was good but not truly Greek”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I ate here after a day at the Lincoln Park Zoo. The prices were good and the food was tasty. However, if you want lots of Greek choices, there are not too many here other than Gyros, baklava, and Greek salad. If you want moussaka, saganaki, dolmades, etc..... this is not the place for you. My son had a good burger, husband has shrimp ( it was breaded and fried and just okay) and the rest of us had Greek salad ( the dressing and feta cheese were good.) The atmosphere is like a lunch diner - not fancy. The staff was nice. I would choose this restaurant for lunch but something nicer with more Greek options for dinner.

• Visited July 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Awesome lunch in DePaul neighborhood”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My starving son and I ate lunch here after visiting DePaul. We sat outside, had simple but good food, and appreciated the fair prices and excellent, friendly service. Definitely recommend it!

San Juan P.R.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steak is great”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I don't know many Greek restaurants that have a good steak more or less a great one. It's a nice size grilled skirt steak perfectly seasoned and served over fries that absorb the juices. Mmmm one of the best parts. Was a little thrown back by the fact that they don't have saganaki (flaming cheese) which I thought was a given at any Greek restaurant. Anyway the chicken was good and the salad was great with a big block of feta on top. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is for not having a Greek staple. The flaming cheese!!!

Visited August 2011