“Good Irish Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Waitstaff
Springfield, IL
“Good Irish Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate at the Grafton before an Irish concert at the Old Town School of Folk Music to get in the mood. We both had the Shepherd's Pie. Very good. The service got a little slow as the place got more crowded. It has some atmosphere of an Irish pub but it's not overdone. My husband was a little disappointed that an Irish pub didn't have Harp beer or Bailey's.

• Visited December 2012

Columbia
“Great food, live music, location, and Guiness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We used to eat here all of the time when we lived in Chicago. Now coming back as tourists, it still goes beyond satisfaction. The Beckett burger (fried onion, curry mayo), homemade Mac and cheese, and the house salad- perfect. There as a live Irish band playing, which made the environment even bettere. Great place for kids too (we went at 6:30 and there were at least three other tables with children). Local or visiting, I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Grabaua
Dickson, Tennessee
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

As far as pubs go, this was acceptable if you've got nowhere else to go, but it certainly was not impressive. I didn't think the food had much taste, and it was presented very simply. The server wasn't attentive and the atmosphere was nothing special.

• Visited May 2012
Ben M, General Manager at Grafton Pub, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us. Would you mind sharing with me some specifics so that we can endeavor to repair and improve?
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Great for dinner & drinks before a show at Old Town School of Music!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We've stopped here a couple of times and both times we've had excellent service and great meals. Last night I had the fish and chips (with real malt vinegar!) and my husband had a burger. The burger was cooked to order Angus beef - delicious served on a pretzel roll that was so fresh and delicious. I'm not sure that it is a pound of fish as it says on the menu, but it is cooked PERFECTLY - the beer batter is light and the fish was moist and tender. The fries were hot and crisp and especially great when dipped in the Grafton's homemade tartar sauce. Don't miss a chance to grab a great meal with a HUGE beer and whiskey menu and some of the best staff ever.

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Chicago Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I have been drinking and dining at the Grafton for a few years now, but have found ourselves visiting the pub much more often now since we moved to the neighborhood. The staff is friendly, the Guinness is good, and the food is enjoyable (I recommend the Curry Chips & Guinness Stew, both very nice indeed). The Grafton has a charming and cozy little atmosphere, and is located right in the heart of Lincoln Square, be sure to look out for live music nights.

• Visited November 2011