“Didn't live up to the hype”
Review of Fizz Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I read quite a few reviews about this place, almost all very positive. Maybe because it was built-up I was let down. I do have to say that the service was exceptional. Our waitress was very friendly and kept the drinks coming and our food came out really fast. I think they have an incredible beer selection and it was fun to keep trying different ones each time she came back to the table.

That said, I read a lot of comments about the menu and food being really good. We ordered the black bean dip and chips to share. The bean dip was very bland - I could hardly taste it. So I loaded my chip up with the stuff and still, only knew it was there based on the texture, so that was a little disappointing. I ordered a small pizza for myself as my meal, which was also very disappointing. The toppings I chose were garlic, spinach and bacon. I didn't see any garlic and didn't really taste it either, and some of my pieces barely had any bacon on them, if any. I wonder if they were out of ingredients by the time the weekend hit. Who knows.

I would only recommend it for going out for a few drinks - don't depend on it for your dinner.