“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Court

Palm Court
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Michigan Avenue & Lakeshore Drive
Keizer, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My girlfriends and I take a trip somewhere in the United States every year. We always enjoy "HighTea" as one of our special events. We were so disappointed in the food at the Palm Court's tea. We are all a bit of scone connoisseurs, these were not good. Very dry and tasteless. The pastries were pretty nondescript and nothing special. The best part of the tea was the tea sandwiches which were very tasty. They also provided refills on anything we wanted, which we did ask for 2nds on the sandwiches. The setting was lovely, and the service excellent. For the price of tea ($38) the food was definitely not up to par.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Bath, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable afternoon tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The opulent setting and atmospheric harp music made for a very pleasant highlight of our stay in Chicago. The tea itself was pretty standard fare and the sandwiches were ruined by having too much butter. The staff were uniformly excellent and we wished we had stayed here rather than at our hotel.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bathpair
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went twice to the Palm Court. The first time I was a guest at the hotel. I ordered a mixed drink. My drink came after about a 10 minute wait. My drink had no alcohol! When I finally flagged down the waiter, he apologized and brought me a shot of vodka. At the time I thought it was an honest mistake. After the 2nd visit I'm not so sure. My husband and I went to the Palm Court about 10:30 pm on Saturday night. There were open tables but the hostess told us it would be a 20 minute wait. We put our name on the list and went and sat down in the lobby. People continued to walk in and were seated right away! After about the 4th group, we realized we had been dismissed. We left. Both the Palm Court and The Drake will not get my business. There are many other choices in Chicago.

Visited May 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“service left a lot to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Fun music and great for dancing. Both night I was there (I was also a guest in the hotel), the servers seemed like it was an inconvenience to wait on me and my friends.

Visited February 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Breakfast with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Can choose from the menu or do the buffet. Menu was very reasonably priced for the locale.Friendly service and good coffee.

Visited May 2013