“One of the best indian food u will find around chicago...”
Review of Viceroy Of India

Viceroy Of India
Ranked #3,380 of 9,712 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Rogers Park
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lots of good restaurants are there in devon (chicago) and i have tasted a few....but must admit this one had lots of choices with good food quality......The service is good too. Must visit.

There are newer reviews for Viceroy Of India

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A decent restuarant in a predominantly Asian locality of Devon. The interiors & service was good. Food though Indian was just about average and not upto expectations.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a clean and well set up place. One of the rare places where food tastes great and place is clean. When I request them to keep vegetarian uncontaminated from the non-veg. They do so very politely. They make the best Baingan Bharta. My husband goes there just to eat Baingan Bharta and Tandoori Roti. Saag Panner is good but some times it is so good that I want to order a big tray to take home.
Sweets are fresh and Naans are soft. Portion sizes can get little bigger as one has to order at least 4 dishes and Naan and rice raita to feel full for 4 people. Most of the times it gets too pricey for a family on a budget. I can go there just once or twice in a few months. I wish someone can work on the portion sizes I will go there more often.
Buffet is clean and sumptuous. A great deal for Lunch time. But I have got to the Devon Ave. buffet just once in 10 years. I usually go there for grocery and dinner and it gets late.
I am their fan and so I frequent their place in the western suburbs of Lombard.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food was good. Service was great. Staff, were polite and patient. They were available all the time, humble and very attentive, yet not pushy at all. There was good Indian classical fusion music playing on the overhead system. Atmosphere was nice. Rest is upon you luck of finding loud people or not. Unfortunately towards later half of our dinner there was a elder group who had this really loud lady. Loud enough to kill our conversation. three tables away. lol..

Good place to eat Indian food.
Source: I am an Indian. :)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here 2 weeks ago while visiting some friends in Chicago. It was my wife's first time trying Indian food and she loved it. We ordered a few dishes to share including naan, chicken tikka masala, chicken curry, chana masala, and lamb biryani. Our favorites were the biryani and tikka masala. Out waiter was helpful with explaining the differences since the menu didn't have much of a description. Nicely decorated and very clean inside, we will certainly return if in the area again.