“Best whipped cream I've ever had!”
Review of A Taste of Heaven

A Taste of Heaven
Ranked #844 of 10,730 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

You can scan my reviews and see that I pretty much eat French toast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Therefore I've grown rather picky in what I now consider superb. I tentatively picked the caramel apple French toast at A Taste of Heaven because it sounded good even though I was chiding myself for doing so without much of an appetite. Well, I found my appetite when I took the first bite.
The worst thing you can do to a French toast is make us dry and tasteless, that makes it just eggy bread, and no amount of syrup can help that. This French toast need not be concerned. Moist, perfectly flavored, enough caramel for the flavor without making it too sweet. The apples were lovely. But let's talk about the real winner, the homemade whipped cream. It was by far the best tasting cream anything I've ever put into my mouth. The flavor was perfect and the consistency decadent. There's a ton of it, probably more than needed but who cares. No matter what type of breakfast you get here, make sure you get whipped cream. It will not disappoint!

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

On another visit to Chicago to visit our daughter at college, she happened to find this place during one of her weekly brunch dates. She picked a winner! We love the quaintness yet quirky style of the place. Located in Andersonville, it was a quick drive from Rogers Park, we found a parking spot on the street. We didn't have to wait long for a table for 4, and a gracious host offered us hot tea while we waited! When I saw the display of cupcakes, I forgot all about breakfast! But, I ate a somewhat healthy breakfast to make up for it. Scrambled eggs were hot and just right, a little moist and not dry, and potatoes and ham were delicious. My favorite part was the brioche bread, amazingly soft and melted in my mouth! My husband had quiche of the day with salmon in it and loved it. My daughter had the BLT and A with soup, and it was delicious as well. We all had room for cupcakes, they had chocolate sundae and some hazelnut one, and I had the malted milk ball, perfectly moist and sugary frosting. Especially love the milk balls right on top. I cannot wait to come back again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I got a mocha and my lady a cappuccino. My mocha was hot chocolate and she likened her capp to a gas station variety. I ordered a regular black coffee which was good. Place crowded but service prompt. Waiter was honest about freshness of muffins. Entrees were original and excellent. A little pricey relative to other breakfast spots.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

taken here by one of my dearest cousins, it was an absolutely delightful brunch! A decent walk on a lovely, bright summer afternoon worked up the appetite to dig into three different popular favorite omlettes followed with an indulgence of a red Velvet cake. The service is propmt and nice, the food is great, the atmosphere is cosy and makes you feel warm and welcome. A fantastic experience indeed.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Another neighborhood favorite. They always have fabulous desserts - love going with a few people to share a couple.

Been to A Taste of Heaven? Share your experiences!