“Great Hotel!!!”

Thompson Chicago, a Thompson Hotel
Ranked #6 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel just happened to be close to my daughters home in Chicago. My wife and I took a chance and booked this property. We are so happy that we did. Excellent rooms with large bathrooms and showers...love the rain drop shower head!! Always a nice touch. All of the staff from the Doormen, Front desk and housekeeping...they are all excellent and make you feel welcome. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank schamp1
There are newer reviews for Thompson Chicago, a Thompson Hotel

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed recently for a wedding and it was fun. The Nico Osteria restaurant is located on the first floor which is delicious. The remodel is very well done and the staff was wonderful. Our room was a little tight and on the small side, no upgrades were available.

1  Thank MusthaveHeineken
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We mentioned we were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary to Allison at the front desk
when we checked in. We stayed in the property prior to Thompson Hotels updating everything.
The lobby and restaurant, Nico Osteria are fabulous. Really nice rooms with a beautiful new
bath, very comfortable bed and a separate seating area. Within a half hour of checking in...a knock on the door and a chilled bottle of sparkling Prosecco to start our celebration. This kind of
special service is very unusual in most U.S.hotels. We strongly recommend this hotel and their
wonderful staff and manager,Mr. Shern.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south...you will have a great city view.
1  Thank Sparky399
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm a native Chicagoan so I knew I wanted to stay in this hip and exciting neighborhood. It is very walkable. We walked to the Architectural boat tour near the Wrigley Building and all the way through Lincoln Park to the zoo. Our room was spacious and stylish and the staff was accommodating. Parking was pricey but you have to expect that downtown. Breakfast across the street at the Waffle House and lunch at Lou Malnatis was NOT good for my diet but was a mini "Taste of Chicago" for my Bronx born hubby. This neighborhood is popping all night long so it is very safe if you're traveling alone.

1  Thank mimiFairfield_CT
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hello, this is a awesome hotel to stay at while in Chicago. The service at this hotel is awesome and the staff is very approachable and friendly in answering all of your questions. The location is very good as well, very easy to get to dining and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amna A
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of the $5 Waffle or wheel promotion. I had to pay only $5 for parking. I really liked their contemporary ambiance. We got a corner room with 2 double beds because we have 2 kids. The beds were not quite comfortably big enough for us to share. We loved the location of this hotel. Just in front of the hotel there is a pancake house for breakfast and the corner of the hotel building was always crowded with people waiting in line because all the restaurants near hotel are so popular in town. Barns and nobles book store, Starbucks, seven eleven are all located in 3 min walk distance. Very close to Magnificent mile and top brand boutiques around the corner.
loved the corner room with huge windows. Hotel staff are very friendly.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank fatginger29
Reviewed July 21, 2014

There is no the hotel in Chicago that I would rather stay at. Everyone was so accommodating. What a joy it was to stay at a hotel in the big city that made me feel like I was at home. Larkin, Sean, and Sam made our stay especially memorable. I cannot wait to go back to this wonderful hotel in the best location in Chicago!

1  Thank fruitybulldogmom