“Sunday football games”

Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: 44 TVs- WITH ALL THE SPORTS PACKAGES! ALL SPORTS- ALL THE TIME!! IF YOU DON"T SEE YOUR GAME-JUST ASK- WE ARE HAPPY TO PUT IT UP FOR YOU!! LATE NIGHT KITCHEN (3AM) POOL TABLES-GOLDEN TEE! 22 YEARS ON HUBBARD ST. IN THE HEART OF RIVER NORTH AND 2 BLOCKS FROM MICHIGAN AVE! COME WATCH WITH US!
Reviewed January 26, 2013

First of all I am a fantasy plater. They had all 11 games up on their dozens of HD televisions. We were able to check out our players live and also on the MotherHubbard Sports pub wireless network as well.
The place is always crowded. They have been on Hubbard St for 20 years! They have quizzes and prizes throughout the afternoon. It is like being at the game only warmer and with good food.
The ribs and the stuffed burger are items that make us return even after the games are over.

This not a trendy joint. It is rather a traditional place that just does it right. The bartenders know their sports and their guests. We are in mother Hubbards sports pub frequently. I think they pioneered Hubbard St and will be around as the trendy places come and go as they have been.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I visited Mother Hubbard's on my recent stay in Chicago because it came highly recommended. Their wings were very delicious and the staff was very friendly and helpful at making recommendations of worthy beers to try and entrees to eat. The bartender even gave us a sample that was on tap. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys watching sports because there are TVs almost everywhere, plus the food is pretty darn good. The bartender had us play a trivia game and we received a prize after finishing the sheet. I will definitely return to this pub next time I am in the Chicago area. My boyfriend will love this place!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I live in the Chicago Area. I only get downtown once or twice a year now that I have a few little ones but when ever I do I always meet my friends that still live downtown at this place. The staff is so friendly and it has such a positive atmosphere my wife and I and our friends always have a great time. They also have a great set up. If you want to eat they always have ample seating area. If you want to play pool they have two pool tables in a seperate area so you have a lot of room to shoot pool and also lot of tables nearby so your friends not shooting have a place to hang out. Finally the food is great for late night snacking. I got a grilled cheese and some wings when I was there last and they were awesome!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great food, great service, so many screens your head spins, comfortable atmosphere, not too trendy and stuffy. A jeans and beer type place with good bar food. The wings are delicious.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Nice little bar that is usually crowded and always loud - either from the sports crazy patrons or from the one of the many TVs in the place. Not that I'm complaining, I love this bar. It's just not a place to go if you want to sit and drink a beer and have a chat with someone. The food is basic, greasy, unhealthy, and most important, good. The waitresses are friendly and efficient and do their jobs well. So if you want to go somewhere to watch a game with friends and cheer and boo and yell for your favorite team, this is your place.