“Conar the Irishman proving that shivery ain’t dead”
Review of The Galway Arms

The Galway Arms
Ranked #646 of 10,213 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Description: Voted "Best Irish Pub" 4 years running! Come to Lincoln Park for our amazing food, drink and brunch. The grub at Galway Arms is authentic, fresh and delicious! Galway was carved out of two 90-year-old buildings on Clark Street, and the lived-in, weathered feel remains. With its two fireplaces, friendly staff and amazing dishes this is a great place to grab dinner and a beer. Come in to Galway Arms today!
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

The shepherds pie was a five star meal recommended by a five star man. Nice couch seating area inside. Conar was a gem. It was like being served by a mix of Tom Hanks and Hugh Jackman.

1  Thank kelvinatu123

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

It is a great Irish pub for a couple but not a large group or family. Service was slow. Very slow and she wasn’t really interested in talking or informing us of the food and beer options.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

In this pub you can feel the typical Irish atmosphere: low light, soccer games on the screen, beer and good Irish food.
We had fish&chips and the Irish breakfast.

1  Thank Fabrizio G
Reviewed February 6, 2018

When everyone on the staff has a brogue, you know its the real deal. Went with a friend and sat at the bar. Fireplace going in the bar area really gives it that small Irish pub feel, even though the bar is pretty large. The food was good as I had the beef stew and my friend had the shepherds pie. Service was friendly and fast. They have live Irish music most nights, and even though I was there in February I did see a nice large outdoor patio right on the street for the Summer time.

1  Thank johnmccabe10
Reviewed January 21, 2018

A great place for a night cap or dinner. I recently visited Galway Arms with my daughter after a long day of moving. We sat at the bar and just had a couple beers. The bartender was great and spot on for refilling my glass. I wish we had gone for dinner as I observed several people eating fish and chip one guy with a pot pie. Definitely will do dinner next time I am in town.

1  Thank Mike N