“Great Place for a Pint or Casual Late Dinner”
Review of The Galway Arms

The Galway Arms
Ranked #820 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Description: Voted "Best Irish Pub" 4 years running! Come to Lincoln Park for our amazing food, drink and brunch. The grub at Galway Arms is authentic, fresh and delicious! Galway was carved out of two 90-year-old buildings on Clark Street, and the lived-in, weathered feel remains. With its two fireplaces, friendly staff and amazing dishes this is a great place to grab dinner and a beer. Come in to Galway Arms today!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I found Galway Arms while wondering Lincoln Park in search of a place that still served food around 10 at night. The kitchen is open until midnight. The beer list is a book that includes micro-brew selections from around the US. The menu is hearty pub fare. I recommend the steak sandwich. The service is attentive and friendly.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We visited this wonderful Irish pub during our first night in Chicago. It was Sunday and at 8pm a lively jam session of traditional Irish music started up next to the bar. We were seated in a nearby room, next to the fireplace. It was a great cozy place to enjoy some awesome food (a notch above your standard pub fare), Irish whiskey (they offer a wonderful variety including all the Bushmills), draft cider and listen to the music. We even met the owner, a very kind Irishmen, and complimented him on his wonderful establishment.

1  Thank Hilary R
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited this spot on a mid week evening when it was fairly quiet. The drink was good value and we were able to sit at the bar and have a great catch up.

I would love to go back and enjoy a few here on a busier evening.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Perhaps the most welcoming place I visited in Chicago. The Irish staff here know the true meaning of hospitality, and make one feel more than welcome. Food is a level above what you might expect to find in this area; alongside the Irish bar staples, you will find plenty of restaurant-quality dishes on the menu. On the Sunday night we visited, musicians were playing traditional Irish tunes, and the place was totally full. I highly reommend you visit Galway Arms next time you are in the vicinity...you will not be dissapointed

1  Thank Ruth R
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in at 4 and sat outside for a drink after a long day of sightseeing. The beer was cold and the fish and chips were great. My husband and I watched soccer on the TV and kids (8 and 10) played card games and connect 4 which were in the pub. Great place!