“Best Sandwich!”

Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: McClurg
Transit: CTA Buses 66,65,29 all stop at Illinois and McClurg
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Go to the cafe at the very back of the store - the food is very good, and the BLT that I had was probably the best I'd ever eaten! Along with homemade chips, yummmmmm........

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I discovered this gem on my last trip to Chicago. It's a good thing I live far from here, or else I'd be dropping in several times a week, I'd be a Fox & Obel junkie. It's a great place to drop in for breakfast or lunch, to find fun gifts for loved ones, or to indulge and buy something for yourself-whether it be snacks for the hotel room or some of the decadent chocolates for the trip home. It isn't cheap, but it IS downtown Chicago.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Fox & Obel is a whole foods like market. Yes, expensive but worth it. Jonathan in the butcher shop is great and most helpful. He can get you just the right catch of fish or piece of meat. the prepared foods area is also great, with fantastic salami, cheezes, potato pancakes, etc. The diner is good but lunch or early coffee. But slow, unless you are getting just a muffin and coffee. But, shop the store. You can park for free just by putting your blinkers on and you get 30 minutes FREE. I love this place

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fabulous market!!!! Great selection of unique foods from around the world. They have unique products and very knowledgeable staff. Great cafe - wine available!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We chose to visit because it was only 2 blocks from the Sheraton; lots of organic choices. I had eggs and fresh bacon, my husband had the pancakes with ricotta cheese, they were amazing. Great little breakfast spot!