“Nice food”

Big Bowl Chinese and Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Bowl Chinese and Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ohio & Rush
Transit: The red line stops at Grand and State which is only a few minute walk to Big Bowl.
Description: Great food and even better Ginger Ale!!!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really tasty food...I had the sesame chicken. Good, quick service, although the waitress who was serving us wasn't as attentive as I would have liked.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped into Big Bowl tonight and our server Jared was a riot. My boys loved him! The food was phenominal too. Great value and good eats!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been coming to this place for years. It is so consistent that every time I order the stir fry bar, it is always delicious.

I love the yellow Thai curry with grilled salmon chef's special. Only once was I not satisfied with a shrimp dish. 5 tiny shrimp came with meal, I made comment to manager and he defensively stated that that was the portion size, like it or not. But the other times the experience has been great.

I have also ordered many other dishes and they have been all very good. I find that the servers are experienced.

I also am a member of LEYE club, so get coupons and offers.

i like this place so much, that last year I asked for gift-cards from this place for Christmas.

I find the wine list prices very affordable (for Chicago prices) and overall meal price is reasonable for downtown Chicago.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The kitchen is right out there and the food is good, steaming hot. The menu was fine--plenty of choices--and labelled as to "heat". It was noisy colorful, big enough to accommodate family groups. The establishments like Uno's and Gardino's were packed and chains like Rainforest and Hard Rock had lines around the block, but this more humble place got us in right away. Highly recommend if you happen to be in the neighborhood (Mag Mile).

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our group try to find some Asian restaurant and accidentally found this place. The foods is very good taste, variety and reasonable price. The stir fried green peas is very good, recommended. If you need to save your money, your can order this dish and order Jasmin rice is enough! The stir fried beef with rice is also good. The dish is quite big, you can order and share with your friends. The service is also good! recommended !