“I know Al...”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

It's little places like this that remind you that a joint does come in a wrap...!!! Great fast food (if there is such a thing), and no chairs, bring cash...!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

A friend in Chicago recommended I go here, otherwise I probably would've just walked by the pretty non-descript deli. I got the dipped sandwich with hot peppers at the recommendation if the nice older guy behind the counter when I asked him what the quintessential sandwich there was. It was amazing. I went back for another...and another. I eat beef sandwiches everywhere I go that has one, and I've never taste anything quite like this. I dream about it pretty often and my mouth just waters at the though. This sandwich alone will get me to return to Chicago one day from the South. A must do for any visitor of the city, and I can't imagine being a local and not eating here once a week.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Love any Al's, be prepared to order when it's your turn and the place is small. Big strollers don't work well.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

While I enjoyed the italian sausage with beef and my Chicago dog, I was a little torn as to whether I thought it was better tasting than the sausage and dogs I have had in NY. That being said, it didn't stop me from eating both and I enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Incredible sandwich served hot and quick! Personally one of the best beef sandwiches I have ever had. Worth the trip and a return trip if possible even if only in town for a few days.